CLOSED: 1066 Cake Stand

Contact 0784-9093151

82 Queens Road, Hastings, England, TN34 1RL

Vegan cake shop with gluten-free kitchen. Takeaway lunch snacks vary and might include pasties, falafel and hummus, sandwiches, onion bhaji. Also sells a range of vegan biscuits, candy, and chocolate bars. Reported closed to HappyCow April 2015.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Bakery, British, Catering, English

First Review by Fluffy Blob

Lovely Cakes and Sweet Shop too (no Pun intended)! - Edit

I researched Hastings while planning my trip in England and was delighted to find the Vegan Bakery. Although I was in Hastings for only one day/night, that didn't stop me from stocking up for the remainder of my road trip (another 3 days). I truly enjoyed the treat I had that day and each day thereafter. A must if you visit Hastings. Also, the shopkeeper was quite sweet too! Enjoy.

Vegan cake stand + shop in Queens Road - Edit

Well-priced slices of cake or cupcakes including gluten-free options. My favourites are the coffee n walnut cake, chocolate cake, and carrot cake cupcakes. Also special occasion cakes to order.
Some nice savoury stuff like leek and mushroom Pasties or tabbouleh and falafel salad pots.
Shop is starting to stock stuff like Vegusto vegan cheese etc.
Lovely friendly owners also produced their own recipe book and have occasional workshops or special evening meals.

Their latest creation, vegan caramels are pure melt-in-the-mouth GORGEOUS!

The stand started in Hastings market. The shop is in Queens Road (roughly opposite the Morrisons petrol station).
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 03, 2012

Pros: Good prices, Vegan cakes , lovely people

Cons: Tempting to eat too many cakes!

awesome cakes - Edit

I was in Hastings last summer and I went to the town centre market because I knew vegan cakes were sold there !!! Their cakes are really awesome and inexpensive.

Pros: excellent cakes, friendly staff, inexpensive

Lovely Cakes - Edit

I have bought 2 cakes to take home and share with my family; banana and walnut, and vanilla sponge. Both of these were really lovely. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful.

Pros: lovely cakes, friendly staff

Cons: small range at present

Yummy Yummy - Edit

Cakes are brilliant. You would never know they are vegan. Ownes are friendly and the book 1066 Cakestands Compendium of cakes worth every penny of the (rather reasonable) £8.99 price tag. Even if you eat anything, the cakes are better than any other shop cakes; really home made. Give them a try you wont be dissapointed.

Pros: Allergy cakes for all tastes, Good value, Helpful owners

Cons: Might get fat if you eat to many!

Return to Hastings Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: 1066 Cake Stand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1982 times since Sep 2011.