100% Natural

Avenida Yaxchilán s/n Centro, Cancun, Mexico,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fresh juices, a few raw selections, also a small shop attached selling freshly made sweet breads (not vegan, but ask for "no huevos", "no leche", "no queso" which means "no eggs", "no milk", "no cheese").

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by kamdhenu

Nice Ambience, Good-OK Food - Edit

This was one of two vegetarian/vegan restaurants we visited in Cancun, the other being Vegan Planet, which, if you're vegan, is much, much better, just far outside the actual town of Cancun. The atmosphere is nice if you sit outside, and they have a variety of vegetarian dishes, but not a whole lot that are vegan. We tried the Copa Gaseosa Fresa which was fine, a guacamole which was also OK (make sure they don't sprinkle cheese on it, they did with us - I think that's a thing in Cancun, sprinkling cheese on Guacamole), a Sopa Mexicana which was way overpriced, and a dish called Pad Verde, basically thin, spaghetti-like pastas noodles with veggies.

Everything seemed clean, but the service was slower than it needed to be, especially since we were literally the only customers in the place for the first 20 minutes we were there. They seemed to be taking their sweet time, chatting with each other, not really caring whether they served us in a timely manner or not.

The one saving grace was the vegan, parmesan-like sesame sprinkle they had on the table, which was excellent. That one little bottle saved the night, taste-wise. We sprinkled it on everything, and it added a ton of flavor where little existed.

Anyway, if you're hard-up for time in Cancun and in the area, and just need a place to grab dinner fairly quickly, it's not bad, just not amazing either. You can probably find better elsewhere, and if you have time, definitely visit Vegan Planet, which is much, much better.

Pros: Pretty nice seating outdoors

Cons: Bland dishes, Slow service

Disappointing - Edit

Having visited in 100% Natural in San Cristobal and being extremely satisified with my vegetarian tacos there, I was happy to get this chance to have them again. Unfortunately, this was not the same at all. For one thing, there was much less (not enough) soy meat. Even worse was that the whole thing was tasteless. Frankly, I can get simple vegetables in a tortilla just about anywhere.

The staff were a bit indifferent too, forgetting to give us the wifi password, and giving totally clueluess answers to questions about the city (maybe it was a language problem). One thing hadn't changed from Chiapas though, and that was the horrible beer prices, at more than 40 peso. Incredible! But maybe a way to scare people to more healthy alternatives?

On the way there I saw lots of other restaurants - Indian, Lebanese and of course many Mexican places - so I see no reason to return, if I'd ever find myself in Cancun again.

Pros: Wifi (supposedly)

Cons: Price, both for food and for alcohol

Just okay... - Edit

Let me begin by saying I am really happy to know this business is there to provide some natural food for Cancun. But as long-time vegans, I can tell you that this restaurant doesn't REALLY belong on Happy Cow. Very meat-, dairy-, and egg-centered restaurant. Yes, they have a couple options for vegans, but it is NOT in any way shape or form a vegetarian restaurant.

Took the bus from the hotel zone and walked around forever trying to find it. It is quite a few blocks from the main road the buses go down.

Finally found it. Be sure you know Spanish because nobody here speaks English. Our waiter was very nice although we had a very difficult time interacting with him (our fault, of course, since we are in his country!!). In other words, they don't really cater to Americans -- this really seems to be a place made for Mexican people trying to eat a little healthier.

We each had an ice cold beer and split a dish made with rice and broccoli. It was not great, but definitely hit the spot.

Sorry, but we would not go back.

Good healthy food - Edit

Had a very good evening meal here. The Humus and Pitta bread and Mushroom starters were really good. I had the vegetarian Tacco which was amazing and very filling (my partner had chicken). The fresh juice was lovely. Great choice on the menu. Had forgotten Mosquito replant so got bitten.

Pros: healthy cuisine, excellent food, good value

Cons: Mosquitoes

100% Wonderful! - Edit

100% was one of the highlights of my trip to Cancun! I'd give it 5 cows if I could (non veg restaurants can only be given 4). Went with my family, all 3 of whom are non-vegetarians that enjoy healthy food with or without meat. We were delighted with the whole meal. The staff was incredibly friendly, and the ambiance of the restaurant was just lovely. We all really loved our food. I ordered tofu-scrable type tacos, with soft tortillas and salad, and it was excellent. They also serve wonderful juice - very fresh, not syrupy at all, and just-baked whole-grain bread, that came with great sauces and peppers. I can't recommend it enough - wish there was a 100% natural in every city!

Pros: SO fresh!, great atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: similar prices to theUS, but so worth it

Great Option in Cancun - Edit

Excellent restaurant, very well located, excellent ambiance,and very tasty veg friendly food.
They have a very nice backyard covered of plants an trees!! It's a delight to have dinner there.
The menu contain some vegetarian dishes and beverages are fantastic!. Taking in account that in Mexico is not easy to find vegetarian food, 100% natural is a very recommendable option.

Pros: Ambiance, Food Quality, Beverages

Cons: Poor menu

Great Food, Service, and Smoothies! - Edit

Food was great, procuring anything soy in Cancun was near impossible, but their vegan tacos were amazing and fresh tasting! Smoothies with soymilk were super delicious and the waitstaff was super courteous and knew a lot about their food. Great experience!

Pros: Vegan Options, Smoothies, Patio

Decent food, Expensive and bad service - Edit

It's hard to find veggie food in Mexico and this is a chain that has really delicious tacos and a veggie burger that's good too. But it's more expensive than eating in the United States and the service is questionable.

YUM - Edit

After a few days of unhealthy, uninspired hotel food, this was a welcome treat for breakfast. The juice menu is both impressive and affordable. We each had gigantic juice drinks that satisfied. I had delicious whole wheat pancakes and my friend had an egg dish. The bread basket they gave us had a cinnamon roll, a muffin and a delicious chocolate filled pastry. I would have loved to come back again for dinner. It's a hike from the hotel district but well worth it. Great ambiance.

Pros: good value, healthy, great food

Cons: location

jewel in cancun - Edit

terrific atmosphere. kind of an open air tiki, tropical feel with excellent menu options. the dish the previous poster is referring to is the especial. i ate there twice and everything was wonderful. juices are great too. you have to go here if you're in cancun.

Pros: atmosphere, prices, friendly staff

Excellent place for Vegetarians - Edit

We visited this place during 2007 winter break (Feb 18-25). It was a total delight and life saver for us. Food was excellent as was the service and the ambience. Lots of choices. We sampled all the juices on the menu. Everything was totally satisfying. Portions were generous and price very attractive (under $25 for 3 people!). Parking is easily available on the road next to the place. It is across Hotel Xbalamque, convenient for a short stay. Pick up coupons from the hotel and get a 10% discount at 100% Natural.

Return to Cancun Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 100% Natural closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4245 times since Aug 2007.