- I have been vegetarian most of my life, I got out of it and was eating very poorly between winter of 2002 and this May(2008)I just had a moment of extreme self awareness that changed me, it was kind of magical. I would like to get back to veganism again, I was vegan for two years and never felt better.I'm the only vegetarian in my household so when I meet another person who is veg, I'm stoked,It's all smiles and high-fives I like supportive people. The other day I had a woman tell me how bad soy was for the environment and my body...I farted on her:)
- Veg Status:
- spokane wa u.s.a.
- 09 Aug 2008
- Fav Place:
- here &now
- Fav Books:
- love to read, most recent cook book purchase was the veganomican. My most used veg cookbook is Vegetarian Planet by Didi E.
- Fav Music:
- I have very eclectic taste in music.
- I Admire:
- I have ShorDurPerSavs so that changes a lot.
- My Website:
- Last Login:
- 08 Mar 2009
- Profile Views:
Favorite Listings (2) View All
Reviews (3) View All
Uploaded Photos (0)
Entries Added to HappyCow (2) View All
More About Me
Reasons why I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan:
1. road kill is more humane 2. I am not a garbage disposal, and shall not treat myself as one 3. It's wasteful and irresponsible to support the meat industry and is unhealthy to eat meat 4 Isn't it a little evil to kill another?
I joined HappyCow Members Community because:
support, recipes, to meet and chat with other vegetarians.
Here are some places I've been that I liked... and places that I would like to visit one day:
I mostly enjoy myself and have traveled a bit in my day, I really like hot springs and the ocean.I liked Berlin and Arcadia CA the best. I really enjoy living in Spokane, but I've definitely had to make it work for me.
Some of my favorite veg*n foods include:
Miso soup, sesame noodles salad, kim chee,grilled vegetables, brown rice and carrots, broiled tofu with sesame, bag salads, rice crackers, curry, pizza, anything with sweet potatoes. I do eat (organic rennet free) dairy and (free range, organic, veggie fed)Hen's eggs. I regularly (once or twice a week) buy and prepare meat based meals for my family (and it's making me a little insane) the only food's I don't like contain uncooked tomatoes and animals. I have a unhealthy relationship with my fondue pot and my countertop panini grill.
Here are some books, movies, magazines, and my favorites that I would recommend to other HappyCow members:
Vegetarian planet, 1000 vegetarian recipes, the macrobiotic brown rice cookbook, Veganomican, vegan delights, the book of miso, the vegetarian epicure. I'm a big fan of grazing and making up recipes, I hate doing dishes though.
No comments yet.
All images used on this site are user uploaded, obtained through what is believed to be not subject to copyright, or by Creative Commons usage. If your image was used without permission, please contact us.