- I became a vegetarian in 1987, mostly because I was a poor starving college student who could only afford dried soy beans and rice from the bulk bins. Since then I learned of (and fully embraced) the environmental, ethical, and social justice reasons for vegetarianism. I've never missed meat, and after all this time I've come to be downright grossed out by the sight, smell, and even thought of it.
- Veg Status:
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- 05 Apr 2010
- Fav Place:
- Marin County, CA.
- Fav Books:
- JAMA/etc, Mark Twain's essays, political biographies, Amy Tan, Albert Camus, Edgar Allen Poe, Shakespeare, Shel Silverstein, Dr. Seuss
- Fav Music:
- Mozart, Bach, Shostakovich, Puccini, Frank Zappa, George Clinton, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Earth Wind and Fire, Simon and Garfunkel, Grateful Dead
- I Admire:
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Margaret Sanger, Harriet Tubman, Mandela, Einstein, Susan B. Anthony, Thomas Jefferson, Wilma Mankiller, Kwame Nkrumah
- My Website:
- Last Login:
- 20 Jun 2013
- Profile Views:
Favorite Listings (0)
Reviews (3) View All
Uploaded Photos (0)
Entries Added to HappyCow (0)
Please ask me to submit some.
More About Me
Reasons why I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan:
no answer yet
I joined HappyCow Members Community because:
I want somewhere to be where we are a majority (even if it is just a virtual place).
Here are some places I've been that I liked... and places that I would like to visit one day:
Been and liked: Mexico (Puerto Vallarta, Vera Cruz); Ghana (wonderful place, but hard on vegetarians); Prague (found Country Life and Maly Buddha!). Been all over the States, especially liked: Wash DC, Ashland OR, Santa Fe NM. Want to go: New Zealand; Rapa Nui/Easter Island; Madagascar.
Some of my favorite veg*n foods include:
Mexican (esp. Yucatan Peninsula; Indian (esp. South); Ethiopian or Eritrean. I've never met a vegetable, fruit, nut, bean, legume, or grain I didn't like, but I'm particularly partial to chiles, tomatoes, citrus, mangoes, okra, dark greens, yams, and quinoa.
Here are some books, movies, magazines, and my favorites that I would recommend to other HappyCow members:
no answer yet
No comments yet.
All images used on this site are user uploaded, obtained through what is believed to be not subject to copyright, or by Creative Commons usage. If your image was used without permission, please contact us.