- I work a full-time factory job,as well as operating a food pantry and being heavily involved with the local Salvation Army. I practice tai chi and baguazhan as well. I became a vegetarian in August 2010, and I'm mostly vegan already. I encourage everyone to do so for their health, the environment, and as a Christian response to the problem of world hunger.
- Veg Status:
- Victoria, Virginia
- 01 Sep 2010
- Fav Place:
- any place I practice tai chi, and working in the food pantry
- Fav Books:
- Fit for Life by Harvey & Marilyn Diamond, Vegetarian Times magazine, Inside Kung Fu, The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Fav Music:
- Norah Jones, Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas, The Cure, most blues as well as adult alternative rock
- I Admire:
- Leonardo DaVinci/Thomas Jefferson(tie)
- My Website:
- Last Login:
- 30 Sep 2012
- Profile Views:
Favorite Listings (0)
None reviewed yet.
Uploaded Photos (0)
Entries Added to HappyCow (1) View All
More About Me
Reasons why I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan:
My first reason was purely selfish....to lose weight and get in shape. However, as I have been researching vegetarianism/veganism, I have found it be a great choice for our bodies, our economy, our society, and our environment. If you know someone who isn't into animal rights, then tell them I went veg for purely selfish reasons......and list the many benefits of vegetarianism.
I joined HappyCow Members Community because:
1)There aren't a lot of vegetarian chats out there 2)most of the chats are nearly as focused on vegetarianism as they are on dating 3)it's got the best international mix of vegetarians/vegans around
Here are some places I've been that I liked... and places that I would like to visit one day:
Buggs Island/Lake Gaston, Virginia's peanut country(Southampton County, most any place with a large body of water nearby
Some of my favorite veg*n foods include:
baked sweet potatoes, kale, veganized versions of Latin and soul food, rice in just about any way you serve it, tofu, soyrizos(vegetarian chorizos), and Boca burgers, also like to veganize traditional Southern U.S. dishes
Here are some books, movies, magazines, and my favorites that I would recommend to other HappyCow members:
no answer yet
All images used on this site are user uploaded, obtained through what is believed to be not subject to copyright, or by Creative Commons usage. If your image was used without permission, please contact us.