HappyCow relies on advertising in order to keep bringing you the best FREE online vegan restaurant guide. If you are seeing this message, you probably have an ad blocker turned on. Please consider disabling it to see content from our partners and support the work HappyCow does.
I'm new here and wanted to raise a few points to see what other "Vegans" think. Good or bad, please chim in!
I will give my background regarding deiteray habits in the relevant subform if that interests anyone also (never ate a steak in my life, etc.)
- being Vegan does NOT constitute a 'movement', as much as some may think.
- There are many flaws in this; namely that it creates a cult-esque atmosphere (T.F.F. which became, "do not come unless you eat bananas and bike all day) when sub-fractions dissipate from being Vegan in the sense of abstaining from meat and diary products and animal by-products and their focus becomes on what fits with their "clique" (for the record,,, never followed rawtill4,30bad).
- The other issue that is related to this is the fact that all too many Vegans are all too willing to drive cars and procreate, which, btw, just having ONE kid will increase your carbon footprint by 1000X as much as I could drive an SUV gas guzzler around all day AND smoke, etc.
- And that is just ONE kid. Over population, IS a problem. And I would
encourage anyone who thinks about procreating to really take time to take a set back and really look at the situation.
- There are numerous 'kids' out there that would love you have a loving family like you could/can provide... Just look at it. Look.
Posted by Ed1963 at 06/01/16 17:35:52
"- The other issue that is related to this is the fact that all too many Vegans are all too willing to drive cars and procreate, which, btw, just having ONE kid will increase your carbon footprint by 1000X as much as I could drive an SUV gas guzzler around all day AND smoke, etc."
I have zero kids and zero "pets" and i tell people who are big into "the earth" with their 5 kids. That I can never recycle, run my shower for 24 hours a day and go to the ocean and dump 1 gal of oil into it everyday and my carbon footprint and damage to the earth would be less than them. ( i just make up the numbers because after i die, i stop, but the millions of people they will have has descendants will go on forever)
Back in the 70's ( during china's 1 child policy) there was a zero population movement.
we are smarter than Our ancestors , we can have sex like rabbits and prevent pregnancy ( even if it means the pill AND condoms) .
Oh and since you gave your "dietary background" i'll give mine. I was a vegetarian in my youth (22-34). then slowly became a carnivore and probably ate enough steak, ribs,hamburger fill a swimming pool. been a Vegan for the last 60 days ( as off today).