HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I work for a marketing firm and we ae going to be doing some website work for a meat packer. As a vegan I don't feel right about it and I'm not high enough up the company ladder to convince the boss to turn down the business. I sort of feel like I am selling my soul to the devil.

I'm not in a position where I will be able to have someone else sit in on the meetings with the client so I will have to practice restraint of pen and tongue.

Wondering how other vegans deal with these sort of situations and manage to keep a clean conscience.

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by pinkvegetarian at 03/29/15 22:15:43

I feel kind of the same way, since I'm in agriculture (yours is more serious). First, maybe you'll get an inside on the company, so you can find a way to expose them. Like the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Just think of the right/safe thing to do, and do it!

• Report Abuse

Posted by MirandaThompson at 03/31/15 06:31:34

I write articles for the Paleo diet. I need the money but I try to really focus on eating fruits and vegetables and at the very least, grass fed animals. Not everyone is going to change and you can't always control your circumstances. Maybe you could have a discussion with your boss and say that you aren't totally comfortable with this project and you would like to take a backseat for this one. Or at the very least not have to speak about the benefits of their meat or anything like that. Just know where you will draw your line and what you will and won't do. Don't pretend you're someone you're not and you don't have to pretend that you're ecstatic to market for a meat loving client. But do what's asked of you ( as much as you can ) Hope that helps!

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 03/31/15 06:44:40

There are some important questions about the "Paleo" diet.

Mostly because at that point in human history, people in various climates and locales ate quite a variety of diets, ranging from primarily vegetarian to primarily animal flesh.

This issue has been addressed in detail in quite a number of books.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now