Join the conversation

Everyday Meals

joyeux_legumes
Posted by joyeux_legumes at 01/15/2012

What are some meals that you cook on a regular basis in your arsenal of daily meals?

Responses

joyeux_legumes
joyeux_legumes at 01/16/2012 16:58:55
I'm kind of currently stuck in a stir-fry, cereal, taco/nacho rut currently.
TarawrasaurusRex
TarawrasaurusRex at 01/17/2012 23:43:59
For me, it's usually stir fry, vegie stacks (layering different vegies between crispbread or even thin slices of large vegies like eggplant) or some kind of soup like meal. Just keeping it simple :D
REMF
REMF at 02/09/2012 02:55:09
veggie chilli with or without veggie mince, with all the bits on the side
oven baked frittata
gratins e.g. roasted butternut squash with chilli, sage, garlicy breadcrumbs and cheese
melanzane parmigiana using a pepped up bottle/jar of tomato sauce if I want to do it quickly.
I made a very simple delicious spicy smoky black bean soup the other day. The recipe can be found online - it's by Alice Hart - can be do.
Eggs cooked in a spicy tomato and pepper sauce - can be done in a frying pan or in the oven - a kind of shakshouka (spelling?)
i.e. stuff that you prepare and can then leave for a bit. I don't like standing over something then eating it stragiht away.
MiracleClay
MiracleClay at 02/15/2012 08:20:48
Gluten free bread with sliced banana or organic peanut butter.
hrefna
hrefna at 02/20/2012 17:19:37
Whole wheat pasta with spicy tomato sauce, olives and cauliflower is what I had for dinner tonight, and that is pretty representative. I like things I can make in my saute pan, and I like them even better if they make enough to feed me for a couple of meals at least. Other things I make a lot are chili (I use tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans and lots of zucchini), curries (I start with sauteed onions, add my spices then lots of tomatoes and then when I have a thick curry sauce I add lots of chick peas and veggies. When it's done I finish it with cilantro and lemon). I can make many different varieties of pasta sauce very quickly.
organiccocktailrecip
organiccocktailrecip at 02/24/2012 01:32:15
A simple whole wheat pasta made from organic tomatoes, garlic, onion, paprika, pepper, black pepper, and olive oil.

Works like a charm.

I always like to add a side of fresh romaine lettuce salad. :D
ccahalan
ccahalan at 02/24/2012 15:59:42
melanzana parmagiana sound really good. I'm gonna make that. my repertoire currently is in obessed-with: tempe over broccoli mode... and butternut squash with roasted carrots, onions, and cabbage, which believe it or not is really good roasted with olive oil- with which to spritz over all- I'm also in curry soup- with apples.. mode and avocado pudding -supplement-your-enzymes and kombucha while on that supplementing enzymes note. I also love a good dark chocolate Schaffenberger square-over bakery fresh bagel and coconut ice cream if you don't mind really needing to burn some fat..
janesi87
janesi87 at 10/22/2012 21:03:11
i usually eat fried rice with some cucumber, corn, carrot, beans. It tastes well and enough energy for me to study all day. For dinner, mushroom soup is the perfect choice. So yummy!!!
xpressoholic
xpressoholic at 03/07/2013 04:53:35
this week I have made.. potato, pea & cauliflower curry with a side of spinach pakora.. sweet chilli & ginger tofu stir fry.. falafel on baby spinach with beetroot dip & tahini sauce...doner kebab made with homemade flat bread, salad veges, grilled zucchini & eggplant..desserts have included vegan pumpkin pie (with a macadamia crust)...chocolate avocado mousse...pineapple & coconut tofu cheesecake..black doris plum crumble
Sara456
Sara456 at 11/20/2013 11:40:49
i usually eat different vegetables and rice
DC1346
DC1346 at 11/24/2013 18:20:05
It's gotten cold and wet. I've been making soup and sandwiches. This evening I made a potato based cabbage soup.

Combine 12 oz. peeled and diced potatoes with 2 oz. diced onion, 10 oz. cabbage, and 1 oz. of diced carrots. Put them in a pot and cover them with water. Bring the pot to a rolling boil and then reduce heat to low and let the vegetables simmer for 20 minutes.

Drain the vegetables. Pour the vegetables into a food processor. Puree the ingredients.

Add 2 cups of soy milk to the pot. Add the pureed vegetables. Add 2 oz. of diced cabbage. (I like reserving the outer leaves for this because of their nice green color.

Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat and let the contents simmer for 2 minutes.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. For added flavor, add two oz. of margarine.

Optional garnishes include vegan sour cream and crumbled soy bacon.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.