Join the conversation

Vegetarian Cooking Schools

Julanar
Posted by Julanar at 03/20/2011

I've always dreamed of going to a culinary school, but I don't want to enroll in one where I might be expected to prepare and/or serve meat. Does anyone know of any vegetarian or vegetarian-friendly cooking schools out there? I've seen a few online classes advertised on this site, but I'd prefer a program with at least some "hands on" study involved. Thanks.

Responses

happycowgirl
happycowgirl at 05/28/2012 11:43:59
In addition to veg culinary schools, I'd also love to know if there are any places where you can go for vegan cooking lessons. I know Native Foods will do vegan cooking lessons on occasion, but at least in Chicago anyway they fill up literally over night and it's very difficult to get a spot.
HomemadeLevity
HomemadeLevity at 07/12/2012 09:10:44
I've noticed that a lot of private/personal vegan chefs tend to offer classes. You may need to go to their individual websites for information. Those are nice because they are likely one-on-one or small groups. Also, some vegan restaurants even offer them.

Are you in Chicago? If so, here's an upcoming one at Karyn's

www.karynraw.com/Calendar/event/Event-159/

Also, here's a list on the American Vegan Society website:
americanvegan.org/cookingclasses.html

janesi87
janesi87 at 10/22/2012 21:23:45
In my countries, all primary and secondary schools have the meals with meat to make sure the heath for students. However, high schools and universities allow students to bring their meals for lunch or they can go home (if they study a half of day) so i can enjoy what i want.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.