Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hi fellow veggies!

I'm a student at Leeds university currently undertaking a large piece of research into veggie lifestyles. As part of this piece of work, I need 600 vegetarians/vegan to complete a 15-20 minute online survey. The survey consists of question relating to your eating behaviours, overall health before asking you to answer 7 question relating to 15 different foods. The results from this survey will provide us with invaluable scientific data that will allow for important advances in human appetite research.
If you wish to take part, please follow this link:

https://leedsaceb.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8iyhTeL992mG6YR

Upon completion you will be given the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win £30!

This survey has been granted ethical approval by the School of Psychology Ethical Review Committee, University of Leeds, reference number 15-0351, date 4-12-2015

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the researchers listed below.
Many thanks in advance for your time, your responses are extremely valuable.
Cecilia Long (C.G.Long11@leeds.ac.uk)

Dont forget to share and spread the veggie love!

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 02/04/16 05:11:41

Forgive me for being a little suspicious, but over the years I've seen many surveys like this one. A number were done at agriculture schools that are joined at the hip to the meat and dairy industries. I was told in one instance that the info gathered by the students was used by those industries to help them decide how to spend their advertising dollars.

(I worked at a med/ag school for a few years.)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ed12aho at 02/04/16 09:07:59

Hi ahimsa32fa, I'm sorry to hear that you're dubious about my research's intentions but i can understand your perspective due to the nature of your prior experience. I hope i can ease your mind in saying i am a psychology student who has no interest in using the data, you or anyone else provides, for the interest of the meat industries. On the contrary, as a vegetarian myself and a strong believer in the promoting a healthy lifestyle, i hope that the results from this study will provide a key insight into the benefits of vegetarian/vegan lifestyles.

I hope you consider the difficult nature of recruiting participants and believe i have no intention to deceive or offend anyone on this site.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns regarding the nature of this research

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support