Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Just curious about the type of cosmetics or skin care products you use. Are they vegan or no? I didn't even think about the products I put on my skin until just recently and I was shocked when I found out what is actually in make up and beauty products!

Responses (20)

• Report Abuse

Posted by FullyAmber at 02/11/13 09:29:59

Vegan skin care for sure. I love Sibu Beauty. Their products are vegan and cruelty free and my skin loves it. I'm still searching for "clean" mascara. I need something both smudge proof and waterproof, which is tough to find. If anyone can recommend a "clean" mascara, I sure would appreciate it.

• Report Abuse

Posted by IselaGradilla at 02/18/13 22:39:52

I use Lush cosmetics they ar great! you can order them online, not expensive and everything they have is great, my skin loves it. They have vegan and vegetarian options check out their web

• Report Abuse

Posted by leia at 02/27/13 13:53:53

Check out Compassionate Cook's podcast. She tells you all different companies that are cruelyy free and helpful. Also PETA has an extensive database on which companies use cruelty free (no animal products and no testing on animals)

www.compassionatecook.com/writings/podcast-media/the-compassionate-bathroom-2

www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 03/02/13 08:01:16

@Tab0713 Absolutely. Not only is it disgusting to see all the animal ingredients in many cosmetics, but the animal testing companies do is horrific, and totally unnecessary. The good news is it couldn't be easier to go cruelty-free.

Like Isela (above), I swear by Lush Cosmetics. If you're lucky enough to live by one of their stores, you must go! It's a great experience. If not, you can order anything you want on-line: http://www.lushusa.com

If outside U.S., check out: http://www.lush.com

• Report Abuse

Posted by SeekerOfTheWay at 04/01/13 14:29:19

Yes, I do. Look for the bunny cruelty free logo. All my products are vegan. Expensive but worth it.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Babbo at 04/05/13 05:58:03

LUSH IS AMAZING ;-)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kaari at 04/05/13 15:20:31

For skin care I use cold-pressed (virgin) organic coconut oil. Sometimes I use some argan oil. It's great! The cosmetic products I use are from brands like Lavera and Annemarie Börlind.

Report Abuse

Posted by briamagee at 04/21/13 19:56:06

For my skincare, I see to it that I wash my face at least 2-3 times daily. Tone and moisturize. I use a mild deep pore toner by Dickinsons and I use LifeCell skincare moisturizer. It's both for my night and day cream. Since its an all in one cream. Anti-aging, a firming serum, under-eye cream.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 06/20/13 06:40:03

Probably the best item for skin care is Aloe Gel.

The aloe plant is one of the most important plants ever used by humans to promote health and healing.
    It's easy to grow, and the gel and juice can also be purchased in most any health food store. A quick Internet search will reveal a long list of the benefits of this amazing plant.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Dutt0058 at 10/06/17 22:04:26

Hi! Perfectly Posh has quite a few vegan options. They dont do any animal testings. Their products are pampering products like facewash, soaps, lotions. All products are under 25$ and are all natural. I am a perfectly posh consultant. I can answer any questions you may have or you can look for vegan friendly products at

kdutton.po.sh

Email dutt0058@umn.edu

• Report Abuse

Posted by NicoleZavala at 11/03/17 02:45:52

Yes, There are so many Brands in the market and drug stores. Just search the Leaping Bunny on google and you'll find a huge list with cruelty free skin care and makeup. And most of the brands are a Little bit expensive, but the drugstore ones are not, I hope you'll find a great brand!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by ForestNymph at 11/15/17 03:48:20

I wash my face in coconut oil. Sometimes I add baking soda to make it a scrub if I need it. My moisturizer is vegan, and my lipsticks are from vegan companies. You can easily do research for vegan, cruelty-free brands. I like Not Your Mother's shampoo and conditioner (I also like the name, it invites younger or open minded people to try something out of novelty or rebellion that also happens to be vegan and ecologically conscious).

However, there are very affordable drug store brands like V05 shampoos and Wet n' Wild make-up that are also cruelty free and vegan. You actually don't have to spend a lot of money to get vegan beauty care. In fact it's sometimes better for your health and the environment to make certain products at home (I know how to make deodorant and toothpaste) which you can be assured are vegan.

Report Abuse

Posted by SimonaHuls at 11/15/17 09:40:46

Hi there, I tried vegan products. Nice experience.

• Report Abuse

Posted by rockyroy at 12/26/17 08:48:38

i tried vegan fashion in my daily life i washed three times face in a day and always use vegan face wash, vegan soap for moisturising and aloe creams for grooming. there are so many brands and drug stores in market you search cruelty free brands easily available everywhere. there is huge list of cruelty free skin care and makeup mostly brands are little bit expensive.

• Report Abuse

Posted by MariaLyn at 12/28/17 18:45:57

Of course! Alba has a great affordable face wash and African black soap is awesome too. Coconut oil makes a great moisturizer but the yes to brand makes good ones also. Good luck!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by MariaLyn at 12/28/17 18:47:21

Physicians formula makes good mascara and NYx makes good bb cream and eyeliner

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 12/29/17 19:47:59

Yes, from shampoos, face creams, make up, all body products, clothes, shoes and household cleaners have to be cruelty free and vegan for me. Just read the labels. My favorite face creams are from Andalou, not all are vegan, but some can be vegetarian. My shampoo is also from Andalou. Make up is from Kat Von D, some from Urban Decay, Pacifica, Gabriel Cosmetics. Household cleaners are from Seventh Generation.

• Report Abuse

Posted by VeggiesNHappiness at 01/01/18 00:36:32

For anyone still reading comments on this page, I'd like to recommend Beauty Counter. They have everything from soap and masks to lipstick and foundation. The quality of their products is amazing. Like Lush, the ingredients used are mostly natural, with a few safe synthetics. While not all of their products are vegan, most are, they have a clear list on their website that points out which products aren't vegan and why they aren't.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ab30 at 01/03/18 16:45:29

Basically for my skincare, I wash my face at least 2-3 times daily. Use beauty products such as moisturizer, creams by Nyassa. Regular facials with steam are excellent skin care treatments that promote deep cleansing of pores. And increasing circulation to the face while giving that overall glowing complexion.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Suz at 01/12/18 17:06:27

Yes!!! Like most of us here, only natural, organic, vegan, cruelty-free at our house as well. It doesn't have to be costly. Pure, simple, natural products like coconut, argan, olive, avocado, jojoba, castor, and vitamin E oils for skin and hair care are so affordable! A little goes a long way. Loving all the tips and recommendations above!! DIY with all natural ingredients skin and hair care recipes are everywhere.

Here's a link for Kristina's Fully Raw first video on vegan makeup and skin care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQBCzPSaKzQ&feature=youtu.be
    Happy & Healthy New Year 2018!!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support