Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Author Avatar
Emailed to me - I post it in case any HapyCow Members are interested - Stig

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do any vegetarian groups want (free for the postage) vegan food pyramid poster?

I am just doing early spring cleaning of my office. I have several
hundred large posters of the vegan food pyramid to give away.

www.nutrispe ak.com/vegan_ food_guide. htm

These are in large poster size, not small.

The posters themselves are free; I'd ask recipents to pay for the
postage (I'd only mail them in batches; by the way, postage in a tube
from Canada can be a little expensive). Vegetarian groups could sell
them; we were selling them for $5 each and perhaps vegetarian groups
could use them as fundraisers, gifts or whatever.

They were created by EarthSave (Louisville Kentucky, with the help of
John Borders), artist Dave Brousseau; dietitian Brenda Davis, and
myself.

www.nutrispeak.com/vegan_ food_guide. htm

--
Vesanto Melina, MS, Registered Dietitian,
Phone: 604-882-6782, cell 604-614-5372
Email: vesanto(at) nutrispeak.com
Web: www.nutrispeak. com

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 12/19/07 12:21:59

Sounds awesome, I may have to contact her and find out if I can get a bunch for my clinic to give to patients.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tom at 12/20/07 07:08:49

I need one of those badly in the natural foods store where I work. They put up a "nutrition guide" given out for free by Nordic, the fish oil company, and the first recommended food for almost everything is meat. It's disgusting, and truly puts our customers in danger as they come into our store seeking better eating tips and that's what they see.
    Maybe we should begin a campaign to create a real nutrition guide, not containing foods that will give people cancer, heart disease, stroke, etc., or derived from the brutalization and murder of voiceless sentient beings, and send them free to every natural foods store throughout the country. We can apply for grant funding for help in the printing costs and such.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 12/20/07 11:49:31

There are a lot of vegan and vegetarian guides that are already out there. I did post the vegan food guide pyramid recently on another thread. Usually the posters themselves are more general such as protein group has beans, etc etc but then you can find more specific information within groups on which things are healthier to consume (lower sodium beans for example). Also to note, while this pyramid is a wonderful and helpful tool, there is newer information out there as well. Here are some other resources:
    http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/nutrition_5105_ENU_HTML.htm
    http://www.eatright.org/ada/files/vegnp.pdf

Now those are more created for the professional and not the consumer but I thought you guys might like some of the info. If I find a good one stop resource I will let you know. But I know the info is definitely out there, we just have to find it. But hey, if you want to get a grant to pay this dietitian to make one for you, cough cough, lol :oP

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 12/20/07 12:17:07

I like this list from Foodnetwork as well, it breaks down by nutrient and how to get it (this is for ovolacto and vegan, shows foods for both)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_hl_vegetarian/0,2661,FOOD_21216,00.html

• Report Abuse

Posted by AlmostVeggie at 12/21/07 10:21:24

Thanks for posting that information, Tatiana.

Report Abuse

Posted by auungbong at 12/22/07 00:27:55

Tatiana,

Thanks also for posting the information. I knew I was missing somthing in my diet and it was protein and lots of it!

But now I know what to eat to maitain that proper diet. I looked into getting a dietician as well for my sudden change of diet, there are so many i dont know who to choose!

Thanks!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support