Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

After four years of being vegan, I decided to write about my experiences. Although it has been a rewarding decision I have also experience some annoying moments that I know a lot of us can relate to. You can read my post here https://goo.gl/dzBwZh

I would love to hear about you guys' experiences too.

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by h_o_rng at 10/05/17 12:15:56

I suffer from mainly a family member rationalizing massively:
    My fathers one sister lives at a meatfarm, she called a psychiatric hospital on me one day where I was harmed massively spiritually speaking not to mentioned filled with the products of animal experimentation.
    My father works at a biotech company producing medicine.

I feel like I am stuck in hell and all at the same time I feel pushed to going to Buddhism. Its weird; my father being a doctor and then moving to that industry and not too long after my mother meeting my father, the mentioned sister of my father ends up moving to a fleshfarm.

It feels as though my parents were put together to breed and this friggin' set up on some creepy spiritual level, me ending up going to Buddhism. As a child wrote some Diamond Tiger stories, if you have heard of Diamond Way Buddhism, then the starter of that is a Danish fella - suddenly I am now living in an area where there is such a center, where I magically ended up which is such a nice place.
    However he is getting old and a replacement would be needed, without me being certain its a creepy thought - no thanks.

I mean I would only be taken from the ability to have children and enslaved to have followers - something I find both harmful and am not interested in.

Since going vegan, I have been able to do something about this and can actually talk about it instead of just being driven to it. Its nice to be vegan... It gives me a fighting chance.

• Report Abuse

Posted by h_o_rng at 10/05/17 12:25:00

Well there's more to it than being vegan... But even so.

• Report Abuse

Posted by h_o_rng at 10/05/17 12:43:46

My apologies, suffering from severe rationalizing that I am insane affecting my writing... I even described why above. I will also not partake in Tibetan Buddhism and thats a decision.

• Report Abuse

Posted by h_o_rng at 10/06/17 07:18:20

My apologies yet again, it seems there is more to this than I thought. My mind is being pushed to its edges of what I can take...

I remember having read a place somewhere years ago that Buddhist monks go into the jungle, not afraid of the tigers, as they know they wont be killed as they practice non-killing.

How sad it is to be a semi-Buddhist of carnistic type and be killing every day simply to get that pound of flesh on your place, something not even needed. I mean suddenly that diamond tiger would not be so kind after all and that link between diamond way and diamond tigers turns out to be a little different...

Its not at all nice to be vegan.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 10/06/17 20:19:28

I can read about and empathize with what is going on in your mind. Its a very challenging and difficult place to be. Just try to center yourself. Meditation is a good way to do this. Also, you need to do a cleansing if your entire body and mind. Look on tube for guided meditations. Look for one that will cleanse your mind, body, and spirit.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support