Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hello, I am a doctoral candidate in Clinical Psychology at Indiana State University. I am currently conducting my dissertation research and I am examining different relationships between healthy eating behaviors and mental health. For my research, I am particularly interested in those individuals who engage in healthy behavior patterns. As members of the Healthy Cow, I am inviting you to participate in my study. Those who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Amazon gift card!

The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Please click on the following link to take you to my survey.

Thank you!
Bethany Garcia

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Xabier at 07/14/17 22:53:21

I've just completed the survey. Its all about diet and health and Im vegan, which means %100 vegetarian for ethical reasons, thus my motivation is not health. Therefore my answers may not be of much use.

Nevertheless I hope i helped you.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Vegan since 1990 at 07/17/17 15:10:31

Hi. I also responded to the dissertation survey. I am also vegan because of ethical reasons and so the questions do not fit as well as they might have if I had become vegan for health reasons. It would have been good to have some open ended questions that allowed for the explanation of the diet choice for ethical reasons, with health benefits growing out of the choice. It may also be that someone who makes a decision about diet based on values and ethics may have a different psychological make-up than someone who decides on a diet for health reasons and this may affect your findings. Good luck with your dissertation. I too have completed a PhD and remember, "the best dissertation is a done dissertation." :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by KatieBush at 07/19/17 21:52:21

Done! Good luck!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support