Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hi fellow vegans,

I'm looking to lower my caffeine intake and am wondering if anyone can recommend any alternative sources of energy. Are there any foods or natural herbs/supplements I should know about?

Thanks in advance :)

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ForestNymph at 12/10/17 05:51:51

Green tea has less caffeine than coffee if you want to wean yourself off of caffeine. You shouldn't stop caffeine cold-turkey unless you want massive headaches and a poor disposition.

If you live near an apothecary or an herbal shop, you can browse there for other energizing natural substances. I know spices like cinnamon, mint, ginger and coriander are supposed to give you a lift, but it's not going to be anything in the neighborhood of caffeine.

Gingko biloba and ginseng are also supposed to be good for your brain or be stimulating.

Maybe just switch to green tea.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 12/10/17 15:13:34

I decreased my caffeine intake. You don't have to give up coffee or tea. I tell people that coffee is my necessary food group. After all it's a fruit bean. I gave up everything else and I won't give up coffee. Don't need to. I love the taste. No milk or sweeteners. Just black coffee.

To supplement your drinking less coffee or tea, drink water, almond milk, cashew milk, vegetable or fruit juices with no refined sugar to supplement the body's need for thirst and hydration and wanting to drink liquids. Also you dont get sugar lows from the refined sugar intake. Try taking vegetarian B12 vitamin every day for energy. Do exercise in the morning to get your body and mind going, and your adrenalin levels up. I cut my caffeine intaje in half, a year and a half ago. At first, it's hard but within a few weeks, I adjusted. Good wishes on this.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kiwifruiti at 02/13/18 14:15:41

Kombucha tea and green tea are great alternatives. B-vitamin complexes are also great options. ALCAR and canitine supplements are other options. They are great for focus and energy. I usually get mines from the iherb app. They carry plenty of natural foods and supplements on there. You can get $5 off there if you use this coupon: AJS6646. Hope this helps.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support