Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

In the meat-ending world where people aren't conscious of animal testing and animal by-products, people are so quick to pop a pill to lessen the pain.

So, let's share some vegan solutions to health problems that actually work.

Here's one of mine:

Once a year, around the time when seasons change I'll get sciatica in my back leg.

My solution: I feel blessed to have found a fantastic sports massage therapist. I call her my Massage Goddess :)

But sometimes it's hard to get ahold of people and make an appointment. So in the meantime, don't rush to pop a pill or aspirin, try some elderberry tea or an ice pack. It will take some of the intensity out of the pain until you can get to your masseuse. Even a massage from someone that's not professional, like a friend or boyfriend/husband helps a lot until you can get to your professional.

What are you solutions?

Have a beautiful day fellow vegans and vegetarians (and meat-eaters who at least try!)

Love to all!

=^..^=

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 10/04/07 15:53:29

I like to sometimes do light exercise like walking or streching for sore muscles (from exercise, etc) or if I feel a bit achy. You can also soak in a nice, warm bath, with or without nice aromatics to soothe you.

Report Abuse

Posted by vesalius123 at 10/05/07 13:51:20

Going for a run and then drinking some liquorice tea when you return helps you copes with the stresses of life.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Healthy at 10/05/07 15:50:46

Ahhh, good ones! Thanks!

Interesting, too, that since I've been vegan I haven't had a headache :)

Do vegans get headaches? If so, what are some vegan remedies -- anyone?

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 10/05/07 17:55:50

Yeah, you could definitely still get a headache, like a tension headache which is caused by tensed muscles in the neck and jaw from things like stress. For this kind of headache, you can get a massage as well, but on your head, neck, and shoulders (you could get your boyfriend to give you a nice shoulder rub). You could also get premenstrual headaches (well you could really get any kind of headache but you may have taken out of your diet whatever what causing you headaches mostly before) which would usually go away once your period starts.

I used to have this book, and I can't remember the name, but it's a home care remedies book and it included a lot of non-medication treatments for a lot of minor medical problems. I'll have to see if I can find that book...hmm.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Healthy at 10/08/07 10:19:34

Tatiana, is the book "Back to Eden" by Jethro Klaus?

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 10/08/07 13:12:19

Oh, I think it's called The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies. It's not a 100% vegan book, but it's full of great ideas that don't involve medicated yourself, lol. But now I'm gonna have to check out Back to Eden, too!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support