HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hi guys,

I have created a petition, asking McDonalds in New Zealand to introduce a veggie burger into their menu. It's such a pain not having any substantial options when I am out eating, especially in fast food.

Having a veggie burger would be really helpful for the many people who are vegetarian, or people who want to be healthier. It would benefit the environment, animals, and humans health.

It would be amazing if we could rally together, and you could help me sign the peition and spread the word to family and friends.

Thank you,
Alana

Link here: https://www.change.org/p/mcdonalds-new-zealand-introduce-veggie-burgers-into-mcdonalds

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Unnamed Narrator at 06/04/15 16:36:06

McDonalds will only ever provide you with GMO, non-organic pig-feed in patty form.

Just pack a lunch!

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 06/05/15 12:17:36

I think even if McDonalds had a veggie burger, I would never eat there. I do not support that industry as a vegan.....they need to shut down.

• Report Abuse

Posted by VeganIsMyMiddlename at 07/13/15 12:02:27

McDonald's (Canada) had a veggie burger on the menu, several years ago. I'm afraid it didn't do well, commercially, so it was abandoned.

It might have done better if it tasted better. I've tried a lot of veggie burgers, over the years, and that one was maybe the strangest. It was...how do I describe it...? Peppery? I didn't like it, but ordered it a few times, as the only hot, vegan option available. (They're still using beef fat for their fries, I gather.)

On a side note, I am always baffled by how McDonald's basically gives a middle finger to vegans. No. They shouldn't "cater" to vegans, as we're only about 2% of the population. But things that SHOULD be vegan, aren't. Their various new salads and wraps often contain cheese (or meat, of course). The oatmeal has milk ingredients. The fries are cooked in beef fat. The smoothies CAN be all-fruit/no-yoghurt, though. Mostly, I get the apple slices (no caramel), and that's it. Would eat there more often, if healthier, vegan options were available.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 07/14/15 04:30:27

I actually worked at McDonald's for a year in 1962, and ate there until the mid '70s, when I removed all flesh from my diet.

McDonald's has contributed to the destruction of the environment, untold human deaths, and the intense suffering and slaughter of billions of non-human animals. They could offer me free vegan burgers for life and I'd say no thanks...

• Report Abuse

Posted by delectableveg at 07/20/15 14:11:43

I appreciate your work on a petition for veggie burgers. That shows courage. I love veggie burgers. If they were made more convenient, that would be great.

I'm hesitate about McDonalds ethics, though.

Check out: delectableveganfood.wordpress.com.

Yummy recipes and information.

• Report Abuse

Posted by RJS at 07/21/15 00:23:39

Hey,
    I think it might be more effective to get veggie items on the menus at MacDonalds that to refuse to eat there full stop. I'm thinking of all the folk who go there with their families who would order veggie there if they could?
    I'm pleased we have a vegan McDonalds option
    In the UK but I wish we had a veggie happy meal option for my kids.Because my kids are currently transitioning and it would help

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now