HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

No Age doesn't want your money

Los Angeles art-punk duo wants to launch a vegan-friendly empire—one free party at a time

By Hal Bienstock

Full story here - http://baltimore.metromix.com/music/article/no-age-doesnt-want/495510/content
:
Excerpts -
:
"We're not trying to do things normally. We're not a normal band," says No Age singer-drummer Dean Spunt.
:
We talked with Spunt about the vegan shoe empire he plans to launch and why monetary compensation is not important for the group.
:
You've said No Age is more than a band but an umbrella for all kinds of art projects. What do you mean?
:
I mean that we play music and do other things beyond music that we think are interesting and can put the No Age name on, like art and food.
:
So you might pull a Paul Newman and create a No Age salad dressing?
:
We might. We've had No Age vegan food parties. Maybe we'll make a salad dressing or a peanut sate sauce. We're not a band, we're a brand.
:
Isn't being a brand a very commercial goal?
:
I never said it was commercial. You're putting that connotation on it. But I don't know what's wrong with being commercial. We don't have an attitude like that. If I say we're a brand, I don't think someone should assume that means a giant company. We do things ourselves. If I made salad dressing, I'd put it in the bottle and ship it to the health food store myself.
:
What are the No Age vegan food parties like?
:
We invite friends over, get the ingredients and make food for people. It's free. We don't like to charge for things. Now that we're making [censored]loads of money, we give back to the community.
:

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 07/11/08 10:18:39

The "censored" word was sh*t! - with an "i".

"We invite friends over, get the ingredients and make food for people. It's free. We don't like to charge for things. Now that we're making sh*tloads of money, we give back to the community."

Oh HappyCow.net !

Why are you so, so, so polite ?

Our friends the cow's are expert at "sh*tting".

• Report Abuse

Posted by gr8vegan at 07/21/08 12:38:31

these parties are in LA? how do we get invited? lol

• Report Abuse

Posted by quarrygirl at 05/03/09 18:16:55

haha! this is great. i absolutely love no age, and it's a big plus that they are vegan. :)

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now