Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

My reasons for going vegan are for my health and for ethics. I spent three and a half months in the hospital due to an unknown infection,which also required several surgeries. During my lengthy stay,I began to think of how close I was to dying,and realized that lack of proper nutrition was on the list of things i was being treated for. From that moment on,I promised myself that I would take care of my body,which should've been treated a lot better.

Ethically,I saw gruesome videos and pics of animals being slaughtered and used for "entertainment". I have a conscience,and I could never support anything or anyone that does support such cruelty. All animals are creatures of God and deserve to be treated with love, care and respect.

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Hammer at 07/30/14 00:28:52

thanks for sharing, great post. keep it up, evolve but don't change, and get active, spread the word.

• Report Abuse

Posted by bydash at 08/18/14 01:13:50

I don't think it matters whether you are veg. or non veg.They only thing which matters is whether you are taking right nutrition or not at the right time.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 08/18/14 07:20:53

Nutrition, noun
    1 food, nourishment
    2 study of diet and its relation to health

By the first definition, you are correct; by the second definition you may not, because...

The second definition takes (or should take) into account the risks, for example, of consuming meat and dairy products.

Not to mention the profound effect that our food choices have on the environment and the animals that suffer and die.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support