Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I'm finding it really hard to get enough protein in my diet I heard of these vegan protein shakes from arbonne.
www.arbonne.com/Pws/JakeReynolds/store/AMUK/catalog/Nutrition,486.aspx

I have tired a couple and they were amazing do you recon they are any good to keep going with

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by labtech468 at 03/15/17 02:49:35

Most nutrition calculators and info actually overestimate protein needs. Protein powders are a good way to supplement if you feel the need to. They can be good in smoothies, oatmeal, and other dishes. Protein powders are still highly processed, though, so getting the protein from foods would be my top recommendation. This might be helpful - www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php I have recently started making my own seitan at home and really enjoy it. It's about 75% protein

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 03/15/17 13:45:53

Yes, most serious nutritionists realize that for most Americans at least, excess protein is more of a problem that lack of protein. The average person ingests two to five times the protein needed to be healthy, and excess protein has been linked to a number of health problems. Perhaps the best source of info on this subject is the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM.org).

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support