Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hi All,
Some of you may have read my post from earlier this year about the Las Vegas Marathon...a few of us veggie runners are trying to put together a nationwide vegan running network and we can meet up at a few races throughout the year decked out in vegan message gear and spreading the word that vegans are healthy and joyful and tough enough to run marathons! We didn't have a great response for runners for the Las Vegas Marathon (still not too late to join us---it's in early December!) so we are going to try to recruit a bigger group to run the Los Angeles Marathon in March 2010. There is an AWESOME new course and the city is very jazzed about it--they expect a huge turnout of both runners and spectators, so this is the perfect opportunity to make an impact!

If you are interested in joining us in March, let me know! I can be reached at [email protected] and will be sure to keep checking this message board for responses. This could also be a great way to raise money for your favorite animal charity by getting sponsors for your run. I'm thinking about trying to raise money for Animal Acres, a fabulous farm animal sanctuary just outside of the LA.

Think about it...this could be a great goal for 2010!!!!!!

Cheers,
Liz

Responses (0)

No response yet.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support