Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Observed problem with going vegan:
People get hindered from seeing people that are only vegan.
The only places I have met vegans so far has been 1. online or 2. at a carnist buddhist center.

It has likely been observed that people that are vegan often move to mainly seeing other vegans; by pattern it being "felt?" as a danger that people leave those they used to know.

I feel like I am suffocating. Everyone I know harm, hurt and misuse beings in their lifestyles, completely oblivious to what they do. Yet I get hindered from meeting others. Why am I being kept in a leash like this? Hindered, even trying to search online for ways to meet other vegans I get hindered as though by some collective will I feel bound by.

Am I being hindered from meeting people I can actually connect with, with whom I share something based on a prediction, regardless of whether it holds true or not? In order to keep me? Some creepy ownership of me and a wanting to control me to be around specific individuals?

I have a feeling that I am not the only one, its creepy and it makes me angry. I am extremely lonely.

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 10/10/17 16:35:23

I agree. Once one becomes a vegetarian or vegan, some of our "friends" or people we work with, take a different view of us. Seems like most tolerate us, but don't get us or want to understand our choices. They view us like we are separating from the mainstream and majority. We are ostracized by many because of our choice to be more aware and live our truth.

It's not easy being different, being more aware, and being who you really are. Then heap on not confirming to the mainstream religion and practicing spirituality, instead of organized religion, and that's another level.

So yes it can be very lonely. But I think ultimately, we are living our truth and when it's not mainstream or majority thinking, it can be lonely. But I would rather live my truth than go back to being popular and being someone every one likes. I am happier being true to my path. I have grown immensely as a person. We are the pioneers and we are paving and creating a great future for Planet Earth.

Try looking up vegetarian and vegan meet up groups in your area, if you live near a big city. With social media and the use of it, it's hard to meet people that really want to talk. Look at Twitter and texting--no depth, yet it's the way many people "talk" these days. Hang in there. Things will get better. Think positive. Hopefully other people will comment. We are all one on this earth in spirit, but individuals.

• Report Abuse

Posted by h_o_rng at 11/01/17 20:24:16

Yeah! I got to a vegan store today, even signed up as a member. I also applied for a job at a vegan place!

... Attempted hindrances a plenty, including being able to discredit this through my own words

• Report Abuse

Posted by happah10 at 11/02/17 01:17:39

You sure do like the word hinder.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 11/04/17 00:44:03

H_o_rng--Can you look at things from a more positive perspective? You appear from your writing to be hindered by your own thoughts that there is something outside of you controlling you. I can tell that your mind is super open and are probably accessing other parts of your brain that most don't. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on your perception. Positive thoughts will help you make more sense of life.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support