Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I spotted a "Green Rendezvous" vending machine last week at St Pancras Railway Station whilst waiting for the Eurostar train to Brussels. This machine was in the inner-waiting area for the train on the other side of check-in/customs. I must admit that I had already purchased sandwiches in the main terminus so did not use the machine but I was intrigued by the slogans of “Handmade, Organic. High Proteins, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Sustainable, Ecofriendly and Free Range.” I considered upgrading my existing lunch but didn’t quite fancy the sight of a salad in a jar. It just didn’t look that tempting – and how long had it been in the jar? And I wasn’t convinced that such a delivery method could really be called “Sustainable” or “Ecofriendly” using plastic jars to retail salad. During my 40 minutes waiting to board the train a lot of people strolled up to the machine, some even dug into their pockets for change. However, for one reason or another all walked away and the vending machine was not used once. On this basis I assume this business model is flawed. Has anybody else had experience of the Green Rendez-Vous?

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happah10 at 09/19/17 02:37:26

Free range and vegan don't belong in the same sentence.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support