Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Well, I've started yet another documentary. This one is on Vegansexuals. It would be great to get some feedback. I've already begun some on-camera interviews.

What would you not do with someone who is not vegetarian or vegan?

Would you not date him or her?
Would you not kiss him or her?
Would you not have sex with him or her?
Would you not do anything sexual with them? (I won't get graphic here in case minors or victorian school teachers are lurking)

If you met someone you like, but they are not vegetarian or vegan, how would you let them know how you are, and what options would you offer them if the relationship is to progress?

Oh, and what are your thoughts on using --- or not using --- vegan sex toys?

Do you have any stories to share about finding yourself in any of the above situations, and any advice on how others should handle them?

If anyone is willing to appear on camera for this documentary, please let me know.

Responses (18)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ampallang at 12/14/08 15:27:46

interesting, im in europe so maybe cant be filmed?

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 12/14/08 18:46:13

I am a miner - not a minor.

I supply one Chinese stone cutting workshop with black obsidian - a lot of it gets made into sex toys - mainly for European customers.

Volcanically vegan!

Probably best to discuss other details in PM's!

An old thread on the same topic - http://www.happycow.net/forum/vegetarian/view_topic.php?id=31

• Report Abuse

Posted by Sky at 02/02/09 06:00:12

What a great question; one I contemplate on from time to time, being single at present.

I thinks it's very ideal that your mate is vegetarian, but if you really love her, and her you, that a compromise or sacrifice might realisticly transpire; if it does and the love grows, perhaps her/his awareness and tolerance and understanding of all things veggie will too?

Having made this "sacrifice" in the past, I am now in a more solo environment where I don't allow any meat on the premises. It's a nice feeling, yet, based on what I said above, I may need to teach and tolerate for love. ?
    Another variable is that there are few and far between vegetarian women around my area (northern thailand).
    Love or V., that is the question.
    Sky

• Report Abuse

Posted by Brainy at 02/03/09 11:20:30

I really want to take part in this study. I'm in Europe as well as the other volunters. I would love to write out abit of my opinions in a message and you could re-word it? I could go on for ages about this.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kiran at 03/17/09 15:39:58

Interesting topic!

I do find that when I know a woman is vegan or vegetarian, she seems 100% more attractive to me. Maybe its because there are peaceful, compassionate vibes coming from them - and those are some powerful vibes!

At the same time, I can often tell when a woman is vegan or vegetarian by her peaceful and kind demeanor.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Caroline9999 at 04/26/09 22:55:39

The idea of sharing my body with a meat eating body is gross to me. I don't think I could do it.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Cascadian at 04/27/09 00:23:21

I strongly prefer vegans. I do not see anything working out long term with a person who wasn't vegan at least the majority of the time.

• Report Abuse

Posted by SKA (SeitanKicksAss) at 04/27/09 07:58:57

Right now, I'm a "no-sexual"! I mean, yeah, I want to be "vegan-sexual", but finding a female mate, that's another story!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 04/29/09 00:41:39

................try adding your Facebook ID to your profile here SKA - you may just be deluged with proposals - leave anonymity behind!

MySpace ain't enough!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Bronwethiel at 05/01/09 10:59:55

Well, considering my boyfriend is not vegetarian at all...and we were both not vegetarian when we started dating...

Eh...y'all do the math. :P

• Report Abuse

Posted by dem at 05/01/09 16:21:37

I am currently a vegetarian and dating one as well. Not interested in dating non vegetarians.

• Report Abuse

Posted by TexasVegan at 05/04/09 00:38:49

Hmmm. I'm on the fence about this. I won't seriously date anyone who isn't vegan. I can't imagine myself in a long term relationship with a person who doesn't share the same values as me. However, seeing as that is incredibly difficult to find and I do have the need for social interaction, a sex life, etc, I do tend to casually see corpse eaters. I've found that if they eat meat in front of me I can't get physical with them for quite some time thereafter though. To be specific, I am grossed out for at least a few weeks. Generally speaking, most women don't want to eat meat in front of me though so it isn't that big of an issue.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Vegeplay2000 at 07/06/09 21:43:19

What would you not do with someone who is not vegetarian or vegan?
    I can't get past the double negative.

Would you not date him or her? Yes... I mean no... I mean huh?

Would you not kiss him or her? Yes, I would...not, no I would yes.
    Would you not have sex with him or her? I would not, not have sex with him/her
    Would you not do anything sexual with them? Not anything sexual would not be done

If you met someone you like, but they are not vegetarian or vegan, how would you let them know how you are, and what options would you offer them if the relationship is to progress?
    Finally a straight question. I would tell them I am a vegan but that rule only applies to my mouth.

Oh, and what are your thoughts on using --- or not using --- vegan sex toys? ALWAYS use vegan sex toys. Leather is murder

• Report Abuse

Posted by emilano at 07/24/09 13:23:54

I would prefer a vegan sure, but I would date a meat eater. I've been a meat eater before in my life (as probably most of us have at some point). So I can relate to what it means to be one. It doesn't mean I was an awful person in some way when I was a meat eater. It just means I either didn't know, was not aware, or for some reason was unwilling to allow myself to see what it really meant to eat meat. It hadn't clicked yet. Coming from this angle, I know that a meat eater chick is just like I was in that respect. It doesn't mean they are bad or lesser in any way, just not yet open in that area. I'm sure there are plenty of other areas that I may not be open yet that this imaginary girl is. I base the relationship on whether I enjoy being with them or not, not necessarily on their beliefs. And I wouldn't want to try and convert them unless they were curious. And this is not because i'm some sort of half-assed vegan, im very strict. It just feels right to look at a potential mate with an eye of compassion and understanding rather than as not worthy just because they don't yet see. I went vegan 6 mos ago and the girl im seeing decided to be vegetarian after I made the switch. But I didn't push her to.

• Report Abuse

Posted by pamelad at 09/22/09 22:38:51

vegan sex toys all the way. otherwise how would you consider yourself vegan?
    it's funny how tattoos and vegan sex toys really show people's true colors ;)
    [edited by staff- see ToS]

• Report Abuse

Posted by AndyT at 07/01/10 06:01:42

I would definitely like to have a vegan or vegetarian partner, but, well, how to put it, finding the 'right' other person is difficult enough already ;-)

So ... I won't divorce my wife as she has not turned vegan in the 10 years of our marriage ... boy, would be a great excuse however, wouldn't it?

Best regards,
    Andy

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chase Morgan at 09/26/10 15:04:49

Not opposed to dating a non veggie would prefer a veggie though cause meat kisses taste disgusting, so far ive only been with one veggie sadly and i converted her after the fact but her heart wasnt in it so she slipped up alot, ilook at it this way you dont bitch about my smoking and i ont bitch about your meat eating you quit eating meat i quit smoking

• Report Abuse

Posted by AndyT at 09/27/10 08:45:38

> you quit eating meat i quit smoking

Wow, would have been a win-win situation :-)

Best regards,
    Andy