Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

i am making a list of celebrities that took the 21 day vegan challenge. I already got Oprah, Jay Z, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez. I am a little bit surprised i can't find more celebs on the net, so please help me and name some celebs that were vegan for 21 days!
(no Bob Harper, please, he is not a celeb LOL.)

Responses (9)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 07/15/14 06:41:49

They may not have taken the "challenge" but there are lists of vegan "celebrities" available on the Internet...

Report Abuse

Posted by StephenS at 07/15/14 19:34:14

Even though there are lists like this posted around the forums here; here's a quick reference for any folks he need to be reminded they aren't some abnormal freaks for being Vegan;

Vegan Notable Folks;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegans

As for the 21 day challenge - not sure - but let's hope a lot more do it, and that they inspire a lot more, who then inspire a lot more, who then.......

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Hammer at 07/16/14 00:19:49

A sign of the times, everybody wants to say something yet so little people seem to listen...

Okay, again, i am looking for celebs who took the 21 day vegan challenge. Let us not regress from the topic, please...

Report Abuse

Posted by StephenS at 07/16/14 10:35:52

So yeah, the other day I was walking by a Creek and I saw a Turtle and a Frog.....

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Hammer at 07/16/14 22:43:13

vegans and humor....

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Hammer at 07/18/14 00:03:49

so, in short, after Oprah going vegan for 21 day, there only have been three other celebs who have done the same?? Thats disapointing. Nobdoy knows another mega celeb who took the 21 veagn challenge?

• Report Abuse

Posted by Editor at 08/02/14 07:22:08

Jennifer Lopez? She should be prepared to lose all her fur then as well...

• Report Abuse

Posted by AndyT at 09/11/14 23:23:19

Hammer ... I am not answering your question also, I am afraid, but I am asking you a question instead.

Why are you even interested in celebrities and their 21-day vegan "cleanse" or however you would call it?

Whenever I hear that, I cringe inside.
    Why is that?

Millions of people hear that one "celebrity" (requirement for this normally being neither ethical weight nor intellectual capability, but rather looks, voice, etc.) tries out a "vegan challenge" and after 21 days normally explains why it was not working out and is "too difficult".

Result: Millions of empty-headed folks (sorry, that is how I tend to think about those who only look and listen to "celebrities") learn "Vegan=impossible". I would love to do without that.

Bill Clinton is some good example of a person who has embraced a more plant-based lifestyle for health reasons, and so far stuck with it (although is is not fully vegan or vegetarian even, unfortunately)

Really, take a look at that list of famous vegans instead.

Best regards,
    Andy

• Report Abuse

Posted by MountainVegan at 09/12/14 15:20:35

Natalie Portman is another commendable "celebrity" Vegan. wnet veg for her pregnancy and then back to Vegan as soon as the baby was born. But - in the end, nothing can outshine the Veganism of Big Willy Clinton - the original P-I-M-P
    - And according to Maya Angelou - the first Black American President (Man I bet she regrets aver saying that)

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support