Vegetarian Hotel Stays Around the World
Looking for an all vegetarian Hotel, Bed & Breakfast, Hostel, or Vacation Rental?
Currently with listings in 65 Countries covering every Continent and Major Island Area.
Happy Veg Travels!!
Post Date: 12/29/15, Replies: 4
Amsterdam - Vegan coffee shop
Hey, is there any vegan or veganish coffee shops in amsterdam, perhaps one that offers v space cake?
Other tips and suggestions are welcome too :)
Post Date: 01/20/17, Replies: 2
Deployed vegetarians and vegans?
Is anyone else out there deployed overseas while living a veggie lifestyle?
Post Date: 01/13/17, Replies: 2
Vegan LMT wanted on St. Croix, USVI
We are looking for an LMT to work with us during our busy season (late January - late April) or longer if things work out. We have a spare room with private bath at our house (sundoghouse.com) on the tropical island of St. Croix in the USVI.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Post Date: 01/07/17, Replies: 0
Vegan THC edibles in amsterdam?
I am going to amsterdam this november and was wondering if anyone knows about coffee shops selling vegan space cakes/brownie/cookies?
I've looked online but haven't found anything for now :(
I'm desperate - please help mee :)
Post Date: 01/06/17, Replies: 1
I'm flying into Pisa airport tomorrow and my friends are arriving 3 hours later so was planning to hang about the airport.
I've decided to do Veganuary and now wondering if I'll be able to eat at any of the airport cafes or even get a soya latte or should I leave the airport and go to one of the restaurants reviewed on here?
Post Date: 01/01/17, Replies: 0
I joined here because it seems to be the most active forum. I've only been vegan for about four months, but it's the best life change I've made. I feel physically and mentally healthier, and it feels great knowing that every meal I eat contributes to the ending of this world. I'm very lucky to live in a very [url="www.vegjauntsandjourneys.com/"]vegan-friendly[/url]city and community as well, it's been a great influence for persuading others into becoming "www.vegjauntsandjourneys.com/">veganl as well. I hope to meet more people and gain a little more knowledge here!
Post Date: 12/12/16, Replies: 2
Need help finding vegan restaurants in NY
We're headed to the city this Saturday and I'm looking for veg friendly restaurants between Grand Central and Rockefeller Center... anyone know anyplace good? Thanks!
Post Date: 12/12/16, Replies: 1
Food at Air plains ????
Hey guys , what is your experience with meals in air planes ? I haven't traveled since I became veg, but soon I am going oversees and I want to know did they serve only salads, or there exist something for veggies too ???
Post Date: 12/08/16, Replies: 11
Something fancy for Christmas Day in Hong
My omnivore partner ( who is happy to eat vego / vegan) and I ( full time vego part time vegan) are going to be in Hong Kong for Christmas and we would like to do something special for Xmas day. Can anyone recommend and veg or veg friendly places that would be suitable for something a bit fancy for Xmas day, Budget is about $120 -$150 Australian dollar per person - about $880 Hong Kong dollars pp.. thank you!!
Post Date: 11/12/16, Replies: 0
Vegan and Vegetarian Festivals
Does anyone know of a list of Veg Fests around the world?
If not, can we start one here? If you could list the name of the festival, the location, the month it typically takes place in, and a website if you have it, we can create a master list.
It would be fun to visit places and see different veg fests around the world.
Post Date: 11/02/16, Replies: 9
We want Tokyo to eat amazing food!
Hello everyone! We are a couple traveling around the world and trying different types of cuisine wherever we go. We just arrived to Tokyo for the first time and felt like there weren't enough options to enjoy. So we decided to give a hand to this beautiful place that enchanted us...
Here a little description of what we are offering. Let us know what you think and if you are interested we would happily answer you asap:
Head chef and creator of Paris and Dubai vegan cafe concept Wild & The Moon has teamed up with curator and artist based in Paris offering an exclusive opportunity for Tokyo food scene.
Blending California/Mediterranean cuisine with local ingredients and specializing in vegan, raw and vegetarian.
Choose an experience and contact us in this next 48 hours:
1. Supper for small private group in your place.
2. Pop-up night in your restaurant or bar.
3. Private cooking class for 5 people max. In your own place (in house or restaurant).
4. Restaurant consulting.
(*) will use equipment provided
(*) languages: English, French and Spanish. No Japanese.
Please contact for more details
Post Date: 11/02/16, Replies: 1
Vegan cuisine in Zagreb, Croatia!
My Fiance and I were really happy to see that it was possible to eat vegan in Croatia, and still enjoy the local cuisine.
To be honest, the Croatians do cook meat heavy - however, there are so many things they do offer and make really delicious that we were never put out.
Salads are incredible there.
There are a lot of 'side dishes' that are offered in most restaurants that are incredible.
In our opinion, it was very do-able and enjoyable.
Hope that helps!
Post Date: 09/12/16, Replies: 0
Vegan explanatory card in 83 languages!!
No more Vegan confusion when traveling. These V Cards explain the needs of a Vegan Diet in 83 different languages, including;
Afrikaans / Albanian / Arabic / Armenian / Azerbaijani / Basque / Belarusian / Bengali / Bosnian / Bulgarian / Cambodian / Catalan / Cebuano / Chinese(Simplified) / Chinese(Traditional) / Croatian / Czech / Danish / Dutch / English / Esperanto / Estonian / Filipino / Finnish / French / Galacian / Georgian / German / Greek / Guajarati / Haitian Creole / Hausa / Hebrew / Hindi / Hmong / Hungarian / Icelandic / Igbo / Indonesian / Irish / Italian / Japanese / Javanese / Kannada / Khmer / Korean / Lao / Latin / Latvian / Lithuanian / Macedonian / Malay / Maltese / Maori / Marathi / Mongolian / Mongolian / Nepali / Norwegian / Persian / Polish / Portuguese / Punjabi / Romanian / Russian / Serbian / Slovak / Slovenian / Spanish / Swahili / Swedish / Tamil / Teluga / Thai / Turkish / Ukrainian / Urdu / Vietnamese / Welsh / Yiddish / Yoruba / Zulu
Simply hand this card to your Server, Chef or Host in their prospective language!
Trouble with the pronunciation, try plugging the text from any of the languages into Google Translate or any other online audio pronunciation guide.
Download or Print - Happy Vegan Travels!!
Post Date: 08/25/16, Replies: 7
Vegan on Gran Canaria
Hi there, lovely people!
I live partly on Gran Canaria, partly in Germany and will be back in Las Palmas de GC in October.
Just wondering if anyone here is living on GC or travels there sometime Oct/Nov/Dec this year.
I would love to meet for a nice meal, some smalltalk or a café con plant-based leche.
Hit me up, I look forward to e-meeting you.
Post Date: 08/24/16, Replies: 1
Hi, travelling to Singapore in a couple of weeks. Any Vegetarian restaurant suggestions?
Post Date: 08/21/16, Replies: 8
What I Ate In Chicago (in under 3 mins!)
Hey everyone! I was in Chicago recently, so I put together a quick video (under 3mins!) to share some of the great vegan options there!
Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S95pMuEVxA
If I missed any great spots in Chicago that you recommend, let me know! :)
Post Date: 08/19/16, Replies: 0
Veg Durian Festival in Penang, Malaysia
I want to share a really fun event that I am co-organizing in June this year. It is the Bao Sheng Durian Festival, a gathering of vegans from all over the world who are coming together to share our love of durian and other tropical fruits. It's a week of all-you-can-eat durian, all-you-can-eat tropical fruits, hiking, running, yoga-ing, beach-going, and learning to cook local Penang dishes vegan-style.
We are truly international! We have attendees from over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Australia, America and Canada.
Until May 20th we are also offering really cool LOVE DURIAN t-shirts!
You can find out all the other infos here: www.yearofthedurian.com/durian-tours/bao-sheng-durian-festival
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, and I hope to see you this June to share a beautiful durian experience :)
The festival dates are June 9-16 and 16-23.
Post Date: 07/22/16, Replies: 0
New to Melbourne :)
Heya! I am a student moving from Malaysia to Melbourne for studies. I adopted this plant-based diet (mostly vegetarian) few months back and I absolutely love it. Will slowly transition myself to a vegan lifestyle in near future hopefully! However, at the moment I am pretty scared that I will have problems making new friends in Melbourne U due to my diet. Any advice on this issue? :)
Post Date: 07/17/16, Replies: 1
Gulf Coast area vegan recommendations
Copied from my post on facebook:
Hi all, just sharing some recommendations about restaurants in the area.. feel free to comment with some new propositions and that post will be updated accordingly. That is helpful for people who find it hard to go to restaurants in the area.. That post was written a while ago and I'm sure there would be lots of newer recommendations..
PENSACOLA - FL:
1. End of the Line Cafe - Pensacola - Vegan restaurant. A really awesome vegan menu
2. Sluggo's restaurant - Pensacola has a full vegan menu. Lots of variety of vegan food. Very tasty. (happy hour till 7pm)
3. Jackson's steakhouse, Pensacola: believe it or not a steakhouse has a big very tasty vegan plate. If you feel fancy or like celebrating a special occasion I'd recommend it.
4. Everman Grocery/Cafe - Pensacola: huge grocery selection of everything (produce, refrigerated/frozen items, bulk foods/grains/nuts, milks, herbs, snacks, wines, etc; like a regular grocery store but healthier), produce is pricey but high quality, has a great salad/sandwich/smoothie bar - awesome for lunchtime!
5. Bailey's Farmer's Market - Pensacola: huge farmer's market-style produce grocery - the reduced price sales are better than anywhere else I've seen here.
GULF SHORES, AL:
6. Cactus Flower Cafe - Gulf Shores: California-style Mexican, vegan/vegetarian salad and taco options, and overall "healthier"/fresher/less greasy food options
7. Cactus Cantina - Gulf Shores: less-healthy Mexican, but huge portions of veggie fajitas, have veggie enchiladas
ORANGE BEACH, AL:
8. Bravos Tacos and Sol y Mar in Orange Beach: both have options for veggie burritos, enchiladas, and/or big salads (basically Mexican is usually an easy option), anything can be ordered without cheese
9. Fisher's - Orange Beach: regular menu is not veg-friendly, but they were happy to make really tasty, unique, and adequately-sized vegetarian food (may use butter); it's pricey but nice atmosphere.
10. Perdido Beach Resort, Voyagers restaurant - Orange Beach: if you request ahead on reservations they can make good vegetarian entrees (mushroom-based one - portabello wellington I think? - is really tasty) and have lots of small salads. Nice option for a more upscale dinner but avoiding the steakhouse menu. We also discovered you can order a veggie-filled pasta from the restaurant next door as a main course and enjoy everything else from Voyagers smile emoticon
11. Another Broken Egg - Orange Beach: has a good veggie burger and some vegan wrap options, vegetarian-friendly sides like jicama and black beans.
12. Big Fish - Orange Beach: good vegan sushi
13. Shipp's Harbor Grill - Orange Beach: quite a few vegetarian options (not vegan, most have cheese but this could be removed on a lot of dishes). They have big entree-sized salads, veggie sushi, vegetarian black-bean quesadillas.
14. Sunflower Cafe - Fairhope: HUGE vegetarian/vegan-friendly menu - the outside of the cafe is a bit sketchy-looking, but the menu is amazing! There is a health food store next door as well.
15. Master Joe's - Fairhope: good vegan sushi and appetizers
16. Yak Indian food in Fairhope also is a great vegetarian and vegan choice.
17. Warehouse bakery: they have all sorts of grain bowls, salads AND Vegan chili!! There is a new frozen dessert smoothie place called Soul Bowlz that is super yummy
18. Mellow Mushroom - Foley/etc.: has 100% vegan pizza (vegan cheese, crust, etc.)
Also -- Thrive Market online: we use this website all the time to buy non-perishables, vegan bath/body products, supplements, pastas, and other harder-to-find healthy ingredients, and the prices are better than any local store, Amazon, etc. You can even sort products by "values" to filter for vegan/cruelty-free items (or non-GMO, gluten-free, Paleo, whatever else you want)
Oh and one more thing - there is an app called "HappyCow" which displays vegan, vegetarian, and veg-friendly restaurants and shops in a given area, along with reviews and pictures.
Post Date: 06/22/16, Replies: 0
I am going to Exuma in a couple of weeks and have only been a vegan for about 8 months. Does anyone have any suggestions on items to order off a menu in Exuma or when going to a place in the Bahamas?
Post Date: 06/20/16, Replies: 0
Hamburg- cheap milk
Hey guys. I'll be going to Hamburg this weekend and I could really use some help from local vegans. Where can I find the cheapest vegetable milk? And how much does it cost? Thanks!
Post Date: 06/16/16, Replies: 1
6 of the Best Countries for Vegetarians
So I'm not a vegetarian but my boyfriend is. When we travel we often run into problems with finding a place to eat that works for both of us. I wrote this handy guide to help guide our travels in the future! Happy travels!
Post Date: 06/03/16, Replies: 1
I am vegan and traveling to Lisbon this year. I do not want to 'force' vegan or vegetarian-only restaurants upon my travel partner, so I am wondering how vegan-friendly tapas normally is in Portugese (Lisbon) restaurants. As I have never eaten this before - are there things I should watch out for? Are there some tapas servings that always are vegan?
Also - if you have any recommendations for meat-serving, but vegan friendly tapas places, that would be most welcome!
Thank you :)
Post Date: 06/03/16, Replies: 1
Vegan place in Calgary, AB, Canada ?
This summer I going to live for a month in calgary. I wanted to know what are your must visite place for vegan.
Post Date: 05/15/16, Replies: 1
Humane Animal Rescues/Sanctuaries in USA
Is anyone aware of a website that lists humane animal rescues/sanctuaries in the USA (eg. Popcorn Park and Sanctuary in NJ)? I'm driving from the east coast to the west coast this summer and I would like to stop at any that are along my route to support them, but I'm having a hard time finding them. If not, could you list any humane rescues/sanctuaries that you are aware of?
Post Date: 05/10/16, Replies: 2
Amtrak vegan meals
Apologies if this has been answered but I can't see it in the forums. I'm planning my first trip to the USA and I've read you can now get vegan meals on the trains. Has anyone done this before and are they worthwhile? I assume I'll need to confirm them from Australia via phone, or can you use email? Thanks in advance.
Post Date: 03/29/16, Replies: 1