Vegetarian Hotel Stays Around the World
Looking for an all vegetarian Hotel, Bed & Breakfast, Hostel, or Vacation Rental?
Currently with listings in 65 Countries covering every Continent and Major Island Area.
Happy Veg Travels!!
Post Date: 12/29/15, Replies: 4
Veg Durian Festival in Penang, Malaysia
I want to share a really fun event that I am co-organizing in June this year. It is the Bao Sheng Durian Festival, a gathering of vegans from all over the world who are coming together to share our love of durian and other tropical fruits. It's a week of all-you-can-eat durian, all-you-can-eat tropical fruits, hiking, running, yoga-ing, beach-going, and learning to cook local Penang dishes vegan-style.
We are truly international! We have attendees from over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Australia, America and Canada.
Until May 20th we are also offering really cool LOVE DURIAN t-shirts!
You can find out all the other infos here: www.yearofthedurian.com/durian-tours/bao-sheng-durian-festival
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, and I hope to see you this June to share a beautiful durian experience :)
The festival dates are June 9-16 and 16-23.
Post Date: 07/22/16, Replies: 0
New to Melbourne :)
Heya! I am a student moving from Malaysia to Melbourne for studies. I adopted this plant-based diet (mostly vegetarian) few months back and I absolutely love it. Will slowly transition myself to a vegan lifestyle in near future hopefully! However, at the moment I am pretty scared that I will have problems making new friends in Melbourne U due to my diet. Any advice on this issue? :)
Post Date: 07/17/16, Replies: 1
Gulf Coast area vegan recommendations
Copied from my post on facebook:
Hi all, just sharing some recommendations about restaurants in the area.. feel free to comment with some new propositions and that post will be updated accordingly. That is helpful for people who find it hard to go to restaurants in the area.. That post was written a while ago and I'm sure there would be lots of newer recommendations..
PENSACOLA - FL:
1. End of the Line Cafe - Pensacola - Vegan restaurant. A really awesome vegan menu
2. Sluggo's restaurant - Pensacola has a full vegan menu. Lots of variety of vegan food. Very tasty. (happy hour till 7pm)
3. Jackson's steakhouse, Pensacola: believe it or not a steakhouse has a big very tasty vegan plate. If you feel fancy or like celebrating a special occasion I'd recommend it.
4. Everman Grocery/Cafe - Pensacola: huge grocery selection of everything (produce, refrigerated/frozen items, bulk foods/grains/nuts, milks, herbs, snacks, wines, etc; like a regular grocery store but healthier), produce is pricey but high quality, has a great salad/sandwich/smoothie bar - awesome for lunchtime!
5. Bailey's Farmer's Market - Pensacola: huge farmer's market-style produce grocery - the reduced price sales are better than anywhere else I've seen here.
GULF SHORES, AL:
6. Cactus Flower Cafe - Gulf Shores: California-style Mexican, vegan/vegetarian salad and taco options, and overall "healthier"/fresher/less greasy food options
7. Cactus Cantina - Gulf Shores: less-healthy Mexican, but huge portions of veggie fajitas, have veggie enchiladas
ORANGE BEACH, AL:
8. Bravos Tacos and Sol y Mar in Orange Beach: both have options for veggie burritos, enchiladas, and/or big salads (basically Mexican is usually an easy option), anything can be ordered without cheese
9. Fisher's - Orange Beach: regular menu is not veg-friendly, but they were happy to make really tasty, unique, and adequately-sized vegetarian food (may use butter); it's pricey but nice atmosphere.
10. Perdido Beach Resort, Voyagers restaurant - Orange Beach: if you request ahead on reservations they can make good vegetarian entrees (mushroom-based one - portabello wellington I think? - is really tasty) and have lots of small salads. Nice option for a more upscale dinner but avoiding the steakhouse menu. We also discovered you can order a veggie-filled pasta from the restaurant next door as a main course and enjoy everything else from Voyagers smile emoticon
11. Another Broken Egg - Orange Beach: has a good veggie burger and some vegan wrap options, vegetarian-friendly sides like jicama and black beans.
12. Big Fish - Orange Beach: good vegan sushi
13. Shipp's Harbor Grill - Orange Beach: quite a few vegetarian options (not vegan, most have cheese but this could be removed on a lot of dishes). They have big entree-sized salads, veggie sushi, vegetarian black-bean quesadillas.
14. Sunflower Cafe - Fairhope: HUGE vegetarian/vegan-friendly menu - the outside of the cafe is a bit sketchy-looking, but the menu is amazing! There is a health food store next door as well.
15. Master Joe's - Fairhope: good vegan sushi and appetizers
16. Yak Indian food in Fairhope also is a great vegetarian and vegan choice.
17. Warehouse bakery: they have all sorts of grain bowls, salads AND Vegan chili!! There is a new frozen dessert smoothie place called Soul Bowlz that is super yummy
18. Mellow Mushroom - Foley/etc.: has 100% vegan pizza (vegan cheese, crust, etc.)
Also -- Thrive Market online: we use this website all the time to buy non-perishables, vegan bath/body products, supplements, pastas, and other harder-to-find healthy ingredients, and the prices are better than any local store, Amazon, etc. You can even sort products by "values" to filter for vegan/cruelty-free items (or non-GMO, gluten-free, Paleo, whatever else you want)
Oh and one more thing - there is an app called "HappyCow" which displays vegan, vegetarian, and veg-friendly restaurants and shops in a given area, along with reviews and pictures.
Post Date: 06/22/16, Replies: 0
I am going to Exuma in a couple of weeks and have only been a vegan for about 8 months. Does anyone have any suggestions on items to order off a menu in Exuma or when going to a place in the Bahamas?
Post Date: 06/20/16, Replies: 0
Hamburg- cheap milk
Hey guys. I'll be going to Hamburg this weekend and I could really use some help from local vegans. Where can I find the cheapest vegetable milk? And how much does it cost? Thanks!
Post Date: 06/16/16, Replies: 1
6 of the Best Countries for Vegetarians
So I'm not a vegetarian but my boyfriend is. When we travel we often run into problems with finding a place to eat that works for both of us. I wrote this handy guide to help guide our travels in the future! Happy travels!
Post Date: 06/03/16, Replies: 1
I am vegan and traveling to Lisbon this year. I do not want to 'force' vegan or vegetarian-only restaurants upon my travel partner, so I am wondering how vegan-friendly tapas normally is in Portugese (Lisbon) restaurants. As I have never eaten this before - are there things I should watch out for? Are there some tapas servings that always are vegan?
Also - if you have any recommendations for meat-serving, but vegan friendly tapas places, that would be most welcome!
Thank you :)
Post Date: 06/03/16, Replies: 1
Vegan place in Calgary, AB, Canada ?
This summer I going to live for a month in calgary. I wanted to know what are your must visite place for vegan.
Post Date: 05/15/16, Replies: 1
Humane Animal Rescues/Sanctuaries in USA
Is anyone aware of a website that lists humane animal rescues/sanctuaries in the USA (eg. Popcorn Park and Sanctuary in NJ)? I'm driving from the east coast to the west coast this summer and I would like to stop at any that are along my route to support them, but I'm having a hard time finding them. If not, could you list any humane rescues/sanctuaries that you are aware of?
Post Date: 05/10/16, Replies: 2
Deployed vegetarians and vegans?
Is anyone else out there deployed overseas while living a veggie lifestyle?
Post Date: 04/12/16, Replies: 0
Amtrak vegan meals
Apologies if this has been answered but I can't see it in the forums. I'm planning my first trip to the USA and I've read you can now get vegan meals on the trains. Has anyone done this before and are they worthwhile? I assume I'll need to confirm them from Australia via phone, or can you use email? Thanks in advance.
Post Date: 03/29/16, Replies: 1
Bilbo Vegano// Vegan Bilbao
¡Hola! Estoy planeando ir a Bilbo en semana santa con una amiga. Somos las dos veganas y nos gustaría saber de sitios donde comer y si hay algún eventillo de activismo esa semana.
Post Date: 03/09/16, Replies: 1
I've only been vegetarian for a short time but in that time i've been searching out the best veggie and vegan friendly restaurants in Newcastle. I'm hoping to visit Painted Elephant in the next couple of weeks and have heard great things. Anyway here is a link to the list of the best vegetarian friendly restaurants in Newcastle - www.lovene.co.uk/best-vegetarian-restaurant-in-newcastle-2015/
Post Date: 03/09/16, Replies: 0
Vegan and Vegetarian tours in Prague
It is long time ago that it could be said that Czechs are just meat-eaters. Same way as Prague developed from ugly post-soviet city to the european metropole it modernized its cuisine. Discover Czech traditional cuisine in veggie or vegan way and get some modern veggie eating experience as well.
Two eating experienced veggie guides will take you to the best places just locals might know.
Be prepared for fun, veggie urban legends and stories and most importantly great food.
Post Date: 03/03/16, Replies: 1
Good vegetarian place in Milan
Hi guys.I am going to Italy in 5 days. I will be in Milan first, then I'll move to south Italy. Do you know any good restaurant in Milan ???
Post Date: 02/17/16, Replies: 3
Vegan i L.A.
Me and my daughter are planning to go to L.A. for a week this spring and I was wondering if there is more vegan Area in L.A? we don't have a car so it would be nice to stay somewhere there is a little more to choose from. Grateful for all the help I can get.
Post Date: 02/14/16, Replies: 5
Food at Air plains ????
Hey guys , what is your experience with meals in air planes ? I haven't traveled since I became veg, but soon I am going oversees and I want to know did they serve only salads, or there exist something for veggies too ???
Post Date: 02/12/16, Replies: 10
Vegan Restaurants in Germany
Hello lovely Community!
I want to share some really good Vegan Restaurants in Germany!
So If you are planning to come to germany, i recommend you this list ;)
Post Date: 01/29/16, Replies: 1
Prince George, BC, Canada
I currently eat a fully vegan diet and my fiancé eats a mostly vegan diet, Currently we live in a big city (Calgary AB Canada) and luckily have a ton of vegan restaurants, shops and food options all around. We're potentially in the process of moving to a smaller city in Northern BC called Prince George for work and unfortunately cannot find any info on vegan restaurants or even a lot of vegan friendly places. Eating out isn't a HUGE deal for me but having that option is nice as well as I'd appreciate having a place to grab some great meatless alternatives and such. Has anyone ever been to, or lived in Prince George and can fill me in on what it's like? Or even if anyone has tips in general about living in a not so vegan friendly city? :) Thanks!
Post Date: 01/21/16, Replies: 0
Vegetarian/Vegan food on Maui
There are a lot of choices for vegetarian and vegan food shopping and dining on Maui. Here are some local favorites.
1. Down to Earth in Kahului - has a great buffet/bakery combined with a full grocery store. There are outdoor and indoor dining tables.
2. Mana Foods in Paia - has a deli/bakery with some vegan and vegetarian food along with complete grocery store. No dining areas.
3. Alive and Well in Kahului - has a terrific buffet/raw foods bar and indoor dining tables. Experts at the store will talk to you about your supplement needs.
All sell herbal supplements and vitamin.
Post Date: 01/04/16, Replies: 0
I'll soon be moving to Melbourne for a couple of months and I would like to aks, if anybody knows some vegan/vegetarian events where I can meet with other equal minded people :D
Post Date: 01/03/16, Replies: 1
Airline vegan food review
Copy of what I just sent to Delta:
THIS IS FOR THE CATERING COMPANY FOR DELTA #1551 MSP-LAS
Thank you for offering a "Vegetarian (Pure)" VGML meal on this flight. However, if I wanted to eat a bland, boring, insipid "grilled veggie sandwich", I could have brought it onto the plane from any number of restaurants in the airport.
You should be ashamed of offering this "meal" in first class. Lettuce on a plain whole wheat bun with 2 slices each of zucchini and yellow squash topped off with a slice of grilled red onion. Dry, no condiments, nothing else. "Salad": 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half along with maybe 10 quarter round slices of cucumber covered in some greasy oil (dressing?). I guess the 2 slices of cantaloupe and pineapple were supposed to be "dessert" Pathetic!
Here's an idea: Take whatever the non-vegan meal is and make it vegan. So, instead of the ham and cheese sandwich offered to others, you could use vegan ham slices (they exist - go shopping at Whole Foods to see the variety of manufacturers) and vegan cheese slices (such as Daiya).
Other choice was some sort of white rice and chicken dish. VERY easy to veganize: brown rice (using vegetable broth) and either Gardein or Beyond Meat grilled "chix" strip/breast. See, no need to use the grilled veggies in either of these entrees.
May I suggest to the "chef" in the company that they get a vegan cookbook and use those recipes instead of using the brain-dead, stuck in the '50s ones I got last night for "dinner".
I refuse to eat grilled veggie sandwiches in restaurants, and I certainly didn't eat it on the plane. I had a bag of the cranberry blueberry crunch things, about 30 little bags of peanuts and the fruit slices instead.
Post Date: 01/03/16, Replies: 2
Vegan Christmas Dinner in Prague 24.12.201
Can someone suggest a good place to go for a vegan Christmas Dinner in Prague?
I've been looking at the different restaurants, but none of them have exactly made an impression nor do I know if they're even open on 24th...
I'll be there in a hostel, but won't definitely mind joining a group who'd want to cook vegan!
So both vegan restaurant recommendations or possibility to join other vegans are welcome! :-)
Post Date: 12/12/15, Replies: 0
9 things vegans do before travelling
I've put together some handy tips for all vegan travellers! Check them out on the link below! Do you have any others???
Post Date: 11/24/15, Replies: 3
Vegan and Vegetarian Festivals
Does anyone know of a list of Veg Fests around the world?
If not, can we start one here? If you could list the name of the festival, the location, the month it typically takes place in, and a website if you have it, we can create a master list.
It would be fun to visit places and see different veg fests around the world.
Post Date: 11/23/15, Replies: 6
Blog about travelling around Europe as Veg
Currently my girlfriend and I are interrailing around Europe while staying vegan as we do it. We decided we'd keep a blog while we did it, to help ua remember the experience and to give tips to any other vegan travellers some tips. So if you're interested give it a read: thesearchforhoumous.wordpress.com
Post Date: 11/20/15, Replies: 1