Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

Hi,

I've previously done some research on vegan friendly cars & I'd love to expand on this. Can any of you answer a couple of questions at all?

Thanks! :)

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by RachelHellon at 08/19/15 02:05:35

Here are the questions:

Would you prefer to know exactly what each component of your car is made out of?

• Is the car buying process difficult because you are a vegan? Do you get treated differently because of it?

• Would having leather seats in a car put you off buying it?

• Does being vegan make it difficult when it comes to things like buying a car?

• Does not having a vegan friendly car bother you? Should it?

• Would you consider an electric car despite the higher costs?

• When cleaning your car, do you only use animal friendly cleaning products? If so, what are they?

• As a vegan, what are your go to snacks for those long drives out in the car?

• What do you have most issue with, animal fats being used in the production of steel and rubber, or the use of leather within the car?

• Do you think all cars should come with cruelty-free options? Do you think they ever will?

• Have you got any tips for fellow vegans when it comes to car buying?

• Report Abuse

Posted by savetheanimals at 08/19/15 11:52:14

Would you prefer to know exactly what each component of your car is made out of? Of course.

• Would having leather seats in a car put you off buying it? Yes. I am vegan so, I do not buy murdered animals.

• Would you consider an electric car despite the higher costs? Yes

• What do you have most issue with, animal fats being used in the production of steel and rubber, or the use of leather within the car? Using animal products at all is bad. We can choice to not use any of them. http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=19090 Michelin tires are vegan http://www.arnoldclark.com/newsroom/780-can-you-own-a-car-and-be-a-vegan
    • Do you think all cars should come with cruelty-free options? Do you think they ever will?
    I think as more people become vegan the demand will eventually force all car manufactures who want to stay in business to offer vegan options.

• Have you got any tips for fellow vegans when it comes to car buying? Be a real vegan. Buy 100% vegan.

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 08/19/15 13:23:49

Would you prefer to know exactly what each component of your car is made out of?
    Yes

• Is the car buying process difficult because you are a vegan? Do you get treated differently because of it? I stay away from leather and I know that at this point, we don't have completely vegan cars.

• Would having leather seats in a car put you off buying it? yes

• Does being vegan make it difficult when it comes to things like buying a car? yes

• Does not having a vegan friendly car bother you? Should it? yes, if its leather.

• Would you consider an electric car despite the higher costs? Not sure. There is always something wherever you turn to, aside from food, is not vegan.

• When cleaning your car, do you only use animal friendly cleaning products? If so, what are they? yes many companies offer it.

• As a vegan, what are your go to snacks for those long drives out in the car? pick up chips, nuts, fries and etc. or take from home.

• What do you have most issue with, animal fats being used in the production of steel and rubber, or the use of leather within the car? Leather bothers me a lot and of course others as well.

There is so much that is non vegan, I am sure we come across in our everyday life, sometimes we don't even know it. I am hoping the world one day, will be cruelty free and vegan. Animals are not objects or our property.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support