HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

Author Avatar
Hi,
I planning a trip with my family to Mackinac Island,Michigan in June. All the members in our family are vegetarian.I tried to find veg-friendly restaurants through internet, there were no listings at all.

I need recommendations for restaurants serving veg friendly food in Mackinaw city and Island.

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chia at 06/05/07 12:39:02

Hey Sonali. I don't have any leads for you but am wondering if after your trip, you could update HappyCow and let everyone know if you find any vegetarian-friendly restaurants on Mackinac Island. It's actually my first time hearing about such as place... not have had a chance to visit Michigan yet. Good luck ~ Greetings from California.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Sophie at 06/25/09 23:02:49

I was in Mackinac Island for a day trip and the place is beautiful except that people ride horses there. There weren't many options for vegans but I did eat at the Jockey Club across from the Grand Hotel. We had outdoor seating so the view was awesome. I told the chef that I was vegan and he made me a delicious pasta dish with olive oil and fresh veggies. The staff was friendly.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now