Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

Hey guys , what is your experience with meals in air planes ? I haven't traveled since I became veg, but soon I am going oversees and I want to know did they serve only salads, or there exist something for veggies too ???

Responses (11)

• Report Abuse

Posted by LilacHippy at 02/08/16 19:45:10

I have been traveling for twenty years as a vegan and there's always been a vegan option to tick when you do your special meal selection. Just remember to make the selection. I would always print a copy of it as well or have it on your phone or whatever, and make sure that they check it with you when you check in. No the food isn't just salad they will you do a nice hot cooked meal that is just as good as anyone else's.

• Report Abuse

Posted by La_diavolo at 02/09/16 08:10:14

Thanks ouikouik .

• Report Abuse

Posted by La_diavolo at 02/09/16 08:12:25

LilacHippy thanks. I did not know about this vegan special meal option. So I suppose when I am buying ticket online , in the meal section will appear what kind of food I want ???

• Report Abuse

Posted by Woodoo at 02/09/16 08:24:45

Hi :) I've used Gulf air and Vistara recently they both had veg meals :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by La_diavolo at 02/10/16 07:06:45

TY Woodoo. If I ever go to India I will consider use that airlines .

• Report Abuse

Posted by Woodoo at 02/10/16 08:54:11

Ye) it's also quite cheap )

• Report Abuse

Posted by LilacHippy at 02/11/16 00:12:02

Yes that's what you do La_divalo. Or you can go in afterwards and do 'meal selection' usually around the seat selection area. I travel once a year with Eva Air and they provide great vegan food.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ouikouik at 02/12/16 09:42:55

if you book your ticket directly through the airlines or through an agent, you can usually request for a special meal at the time of purchase.

if you book it through an online travel agency such as zuji, such an option might not be available and you may need to contact the airline before your flight to inform them of your dietary needs. the cut-off time for ordering a special meal is usually 24 hours before a flight.

• Report Abuse

Posted by La_diavolo at 02/12/16 11:42:47

Oh guys thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Wish you all good day :) !

• Report Abuse

Posted by Smoelfine at 12/08/16 11:39:47

If you happen to travel within the US, Jetblu has entire vegan and vegetarian meals :)

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support