Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

I have been a vegetarian since I was about 8, and am now transitioning into vegan. Travelling as a vegetarian in US is easy, because you can always find pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich. I am going to Disney in October (during Food and Wine fest!!!) and am curious to know if Vegans have any advice / suggestions for a Disney World Trip. Thanks!

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 07/29/17 21:04:43

Lori

Google vegan food Disney World. Go to www.peta2.com/vegan life

In Epcot World Showcase, there are a lot of vegan salads, vegetable lasagna (ask for no cheese), and other selections, much to my surprise. Oftentimes, I just order vegetable side dishes or ask restaurant server if the kitchen can accommodate a vegetarian or vegan dietary needs. We did this on a cruise ship for sit down dinners and the meat eaters around us liked the look of our special fresh food better.

I tell people, It's all about eating healthier and better. Most people want to eat better. As it catches on, we will get more selections and gourmet vegan food choices.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Jir at 07/29/17 21:34:57

Lori,

You won't have any problem! I was there in January. There are lots of different and really delicious options. When you book online there is an option where you can specify any dietary needs or allergies (just cross out milk and eggs and you are good to go). They really take it seriously. In some restaurant they have allergies menus where ingredients are specified. The restaurant that I liked the most was Mama Melrose's ristorante italiano (delicious vegan pizza and ice cream) at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support