Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

I'm planning on heading to Philadelphia for work and I'm looking for some wicked Vegan spots. I found this article that listed out 5 wicked spots.
www.theneeds.com/food/n5664959/the-best-thing-i-ever-ate-in-topix

Are there any other spots in Philadelphia?? I look forward to hearing from you all

David

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 10/25/14 08:57:16

There are three listed on this site under "restaurants and stores".

You can also use google, or ask at a health food store about any brand new ones.

• Report Abuse

Posted by backpackercarl at 01/27/15 21:39:50

Speaking of fries...

Speaking of fries, how about some that are not made from potatoes? If you're craving something hot and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside like french fries, try these avocado fries. Filled with healthy fats and plenty of flavor, they satisfy that fried food craving but don't have any of the bad-for-you stuff that fills those frozen jalepeño poppers you might be eying.

Burgers!

Burgers are a great comfort food. Here's a delicious option that gives you all the yumminess of a burger right off the grill but with a fraction of the fat (and a fraction of the carbon footprint). The recipe also features the flavors of smokey chipotle and spicy jalapeño.

Creamy potato soup with poblano peppers

Sometimes comfort comes in a bowl of hot, thick soup, like this creamy potato, leek and roasted poblano pepper soup. Warming flavors, starchy goodness and a rich texture make this simple from-scratch soup and ideal comfort food. Oh and bonus: it's vegan.

Crunch time!

During a busy or stressful day at work, something crunchy is just what you crave. But steer clear of that bag of potato chips and instead reach for your stash of freshly baked granola. Satisfying the need for something crunchy and sweet (and salty, depending on how you want to season this!) this recipe is the perfect healthier alternative for a stress food to have on hand.

Dark chocolate goodness

Moving farther into the realm of sweets, many of us take comfort in chocolate. Rich chocolate-y goodness can be found in this recipe for vegan chocolate mouse, flavored with cardamom and candied ginger, and topped with hazelnuts.

Crispy fried cakes

Back to the comforts of fried food. A healthier version of hashbrowns can be found in this recipe for crispy fried zucchini pancakes. Lightly fried in a think coating of oil -- or baked -- these can be made up in a matter of minutes. They can also be made up ahead of time, frozen, and reheated in the oven if you know you'll be having some cravings when it isn't convenient to cook.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support