HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

Original Recipe by Sarah Danna (me

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by RitaM.Finney at 10/18/16 03:35:09

Actually Pineapple Fried Rice is the signature dish of Thailand. This is a healthy and quick, vegetarian weeknight dinner! This dish comes together very quickly, so be sure to have your ingredients prepped and located near the stove before you start cooking.

You must take:

2 ¼ cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
    1 cup long-grain brown rice
    1 ¼ cups diced fresh pineapple, divided
    1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
    ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
    2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
    ½ cup diced yellow onion
    6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
    1 small carrot, finely diced (½ cup)
    ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
    5 green onions, thinly sliced (⅓ cup)
    Instructions:
    1. Bring 2 cups broth and rice to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.

2. Blend 1/2 cup pineapple, remaining 1/4 cup broth, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in blender until smooth. Set aside.

3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add carrot and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes more. Add remaining 3/4 cup diced pineapple, and cook 3 minutes. Add cooked rice to skillet, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add blended pineapple mixture, and cook 3 minutes more, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in green onions; season with salt and pepper, if desired.

BON APPETITE!

• Report Abuse

Posted by RitaM.Finney at 10/18/16 03:51:23

I made this last night for my family on "vegetarian night"! the rice was a little spicy, so if you don't like spicy, add less red pepper. And pineapple was the most delicate I've ever eaten. In addition to exceptional taste pineapple is a huge source of vitamines and minerals www.well-beingsecrets.com/health-benefits-of-pineapple/
    i'll make this recipe again!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 10/23/16 14:32:44

Speaking of pineapple, I saw a very simple recipe on "The Jazzy Vegetarian" (she's on the "Create" channel and Youtube) yesterday. Her recipes are 100% vegan and as much organic as possible.

Simply broil pineapple slices just enough to brown them and add a dollop of coconut oil skimmed off an unshaken can of coconut milk. You can whisk or blend it to create a whipped cream-like texture.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now