Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

Not sure what to do with leftover rice? Preferably white rice…
One trick I learned is to mix the rice with coconut milk, cinnamon, dates/raisins and/or bananas to make a delicious rice pudding dessert. Any other ideas?

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Amy1274 at 01/17/16 23:55:16

The rice pudding sounds nice. But you don't need to eat in straight away if you don't feel like rice - have you got a freezer? To be honest, I usually freeze leftover rice, and then defrost it when I need a quick meal like rice, beans and tomato sauce, or am craving something like curry. The only things to remember are to let the rice completely cool before freezing it, and to add a tablespoon of water per cup when defrosting, otherwise the texture can go a bit strange.

• Report Abuse

Posted by veganziggy at 03/22/16 09:05:36

You could make a Asian fried rice by adding spring onions, veggies (fresh or frozen), tamari or soy sauce and sriracha

• Report Abuse

Posted by allhypenoheart at 06/23/17 13:13:02

i have been really into easy rice dishes lately! one of my favourites is to add a little bit of black beans, corn, and onions! with a some lime and cilantro!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Anticopy at 07/06/17 14:54:09

You can make easy rice cakes, making a gram flour or wheat flour batter, mixing spices (tumeric, parsley, chilli pepper, salt, and then frying it.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ForestNymph at 10/29/17 21:32:09

Make vegan fried rice....lots of recipes on Pinterest. There's also something called a rice ball that can be combined with different ingredients then baked or deep fried.

It's also very simple to add it to a can of lentil soup, or even add it to a homemade bean soup to add texture...this also solves the problem of older rice being a bit dry, the soup will moisten it back up.

You can also moisten rice that's a day or two old by adding salsa or some sort of Mexican or Tex-Mex red or green sauce and having it on a bean burrito.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kitsunekinoko at 11/25/17 05:53:33

Rice milk? When I have leftover rice i usually just chuck whatever veggies i have with some kind of seasoning or sauce that's in the fridge.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support