So, I need to find a way to make the recipes my partner and my mother love meat-less but still tastey. And my partner hates beans so can't put them in.
Could you please help me with the following:
- What can I use instead of sausages in sausage hotpot?
- What can I use instead of mince in meatballs or meatlessballs?
- What can I use instead of chicken in Enchiladas, and instead of chicken in chicken schnitzel?
- What can I use instead of pork in sweet chili pork stir fry?
- What can I use instead of beef in a hearty beef stew?
Thank you so much for any advice you can offer! :)
Posted by AndyT at 03/27/11 13:09:41Hello MissMegs,
first of all, when you want to change your diet for health reasons, you're on the right track, but you might want to consider also leaving out dairy and eggs. If you want to find out more, take a look at the 'China Study' that showed very clearly how a plant-based, whole-foods diet can help to avoid (and revert if they are already present) most so-called 'diseases of affluence' like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, multiple sclerosis any many more.
Second, there are a lot of 'mock meat' products, especially when you look at the likes of sausages. For mince meat, I normally use soy shreds, and there are also different kinds of fake chicken and other meats available. See if there are any whole foods shops in your area that have such products.
However, please consider my advice - do search for vegan alternatives, they're out there and plentiful. Vegetarianism is really not so special (apart from cheese, which is actually processed fat, something not very high on the health scale).