Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

I'm going to a football watching party on Sunday and I offered to bring something. It's a mixed group (veg and non)

What's your favorite appetizer recipe?

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by saveur at 09/20/14 18:00:53

Have you looked at Vegan Finger Foods yet? There are so many lovely suggestions for vegan appetizers. Otherwise, classic hummus (I just made a lovely Buffalo-inspired hummus that could go well) with dippables is almost too classic. Something with guac is also along the same lines as hummus. I like to serve roasted cauliflower with a sauce, too. Perhaps some coconut bacon as a nibbler? YUM!

Here's the hummus recipe.
    http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/buffalo-hummus/

• Report Abuse

Posted by mybell at 09/22/14 07:32:15

I have a Spicy Black Bean hummus recipe for you (you can spice it up even more if you want) and also, this is not an appetizer but would work well with a game day gathering - Vegan Three Bean Pumpkin Chili. Here you go :) . .

mybell.hubpages.com/hub/Healthy-Hummus-Recipes-Spicy-Black-Bean-Traditional-Chickpea

mybell.hubpages.com/hub/Slow-Cooker-Vegetarian-RecipeHealthy-Pumpkin-Three-Bean-Chili

• Report Abuse

Posted by Umapuma at 10/10/14 09:16:55

For easy football junk food I like to wrap smart dogs in vegan puff pastry and bake 'em. Then bring BBQ sauce, sauerkraut and spicy mustard along for dipping.

I also like chips and a layer dip of a ground beef substitute, beans, tomatoes, pickled jalepenos, sour supreme, nooch and hotsauce.

Go Broncos!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support