Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hey,
even though my big hero Gary Yourofsky says he doesn't (need/)take any supplements as a vegan, I've decided to take one just to be sure.
The problem is that I can't find any supplements meeting my criteria, which is:
1) it contains the methylcobalamin b12 form (because that's supposed to be used more effectively than other forms, also it's natural and non-toxic),
2) that the daily needs (for all 'nutrients') are met,
3) that it's vegan, obviously,
4) that it contains other important vitamins and/or minerals, such as d-vitamin,
and 5) that it doesn't cost wayyy too much (and I really want the cheapest one possible).
Thanks in advance!

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Gunnar at 03/29/15 15:07:31

Hey there. From what i have seen of research, supplements doesnt realy work exept for B12.
    Get the seaweedbased B12.
    Here is a link to one of the most experienced doctors in the field of plantbased diett.
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/hot-topics/nutrition-topics/supplements/

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 06/05/15 15:56:45

Garden of Life - My kind Organics makes vegan vitamins including the B12 thats in a spray format. I also take the same brands' multi vitamin. I used to be deficient in vitamin D, and yes after taking it, I recovered. We do need vitamins, at least what my experience has been.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Unnamed Narrator at 06/10/15 15:09:59

Hi liva:

Almond Milk is generally fortified with D vitamins and B12.

Alternatively, I use a blue-green algae from a company called E3 Live. I specifically use the "Brain On" product. Check it out!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support