Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hi all, I just want to ask if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. Like this one from .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms compaired to synthetic drugs are very alarming. Also magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 01/13/18 13:54:29

I don't know about magic mushrooms, except what I have read about them about being a hallucinogen. No medical use. Best not to take them unless it was under a doctor's prescription. You never know how your mind will react.

There are edible mushrooms that are potentially helpful in supporting one's immune system, providing antioxidant and DNA support, and supporting stress and fatigue reduction. I use all 3 of these fungi based herbal supplements. The key to whole body, mind, and spirit wellness is eating a vegan or vegetarian diet, maintaining stress and not taking on too much work or responsibilities, and meditating daily or at minimum a few times a week. Eating plant based diet or juicing kale, greens, and other veggies and fruits, taking antioxidant supplements or eating foods wirh these, and a strong immune system goes a long way to maintaning your health and countering cancer, colds, flu, etc.

Your body's immune system is what has to be kept at a high operating level to counter the invading germs or foreign bodies. This has been known by many for years. Now medical science is studying it more and studies are yielding this fact.

Look up for a wide variety of mushrooms supplements. I try things and see how they work for me, before I tell other people. Works for me. It's up to you.
    The company is Fungi Perfecti in Olympia, Washington, USA.

The real magic is what lies inside of every person. The power to heal and be one in body, mind, and spirit. Of course, we need help from other people. We,are all here on Earth together. Peace out.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support