Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Is intermittent fasting recommended when trying to lower your weight? I'm a vegetarian but my brother keeps insisting on this type of weight loss strategy.

He's doing 15 mins workout every day and only eats at this times: 12:00nn - 8:00 pm and went fasting at 8:00pm-12:00nn (everyday). Is this okay? We all know that breakfast is the most important meal and skipping breakfast may lead to Gastroenteritis and ulcer.

Any advice so I can convince him otherwise? Thanks!

Regards,
Lucy
mindyourzen.com/

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 04/02/18 17:40:11

Lucy: First of all, I'm a proponent of each person, eating in tune with their body & mind. That being said, as far as fasting to lower one's body weight, & only eating meals at one part of the day results in the body & mind "thinking" that's there's a shortage of food, and that can result in fat being stored. In terms of one's metabolism, it's better to eat small meals several times a day. This keeps your metabolism going, along with exercise. It's better for your blood sugar regulation to eat this way also. Eating larger supper meals at 8 P.M. and then going to bed shortly thereafter, when your metabolism and digestion slow down will result in weight gain.

Present the info. to your brother, but it's his choice. We all make our own choices. I generally listen to what people say. If it resonates with me, I try it or research it further. And if your brother is open to listening to this info. and trying it, that's great. Otherwise, he has to do what he feels is right for him.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support