HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Suggestions for HappyCow

HappyCow Site Forum

Using Happy Cow on phones is something I have never done. However, I am up to get a new cell phone and since I have never connected to the web w a phone b4, I figured I should ask y'all happycowers if there is something I need to look for as far as compatibility or if there is a kind of phone that works best w your site. Also, is it free like the web version?

Any tips for someone who really only wants a phone to make calls and is tech ignorant would be appreciated.

[sorry if this is not under the right heading, it seemed more appropriate than others]

Responses (12)

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 09/02/09 09:31:05

so no one here uses happycow on the phone?

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 09/02/09 13:15:08

My phone isn't cool enough for those apps :(

When I upgrade my phone I plan on getting one where I can use that stuff.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 09/02/09 16:52:53

but you seem to know the lingo!! what will you look for when you look? anything in particular, or do all new phones access happycow? do you know?

Thanks

• Report Abuse

Posted by webmaster at 09/02/09 20:42:06

Hi KL,

At this time HappyCow offers an app (program for cell phones) for the Google G1 (or any other Android device). It's available for sale on the Google Marketplace for $1.89.
    Additionally, HappyCow has a partnership for the iphone app, "VegOut" ($2.99).
    Additionally, any phone with an internet connection should be able to use the HappyCow mobile edition (Free, but not as cool).
    More info is offered here:
    http://www.happycow.net/mobile.html

Thanks, Eric-Webmaster

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 09/03/09 00:18:45

so is the $3 a one time fee or monthly? (or 1.89)
    dunno anything about androids.

• Report Abuse

Posted by webmaster at 09/03/09 08:15:53

It's for life, one time fee. With this you get access to all new updates released.

• Report Abuse

Posted by SynthVegan at 09/22/09 20:13:38

I use HC on my cell phone, though I've always gone to www.happycow.net via my phone browser. It works fine for me, but I will definitely check out the happycow.net/mobile version. I have Verizon, so I don't have access to the cool apps...

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 09/24/09 14:27:41

thanks I am actually on my way tonight to get a phone... I hope to understand it more tonight...

• Report Abuse

Posted by SynthVegan at 09/24/09 19:30:26

Webmaster - I used the www.happycow.net/mobile.html site rather than going to www.happycow.net on my phone and both sites are the same. How is your mobile version supposed to be different from the regular?

• Report Abuse

Posted by gr8vegan at 09/27/09 19:17:46

Go to this URL http://www.happycow.net/mobile/ instead of the .html I wish I'd have been smart enough to figure this out before my trip, lol! I've got it memorized now, though!

• Report Abuse

Posted by SynthVegan at 09/27/09 20:26:50

I did that before but it didn't work; however, I just tried it again and now it works! This interface is much better!

• Report Abuse

Posted by animalsrule at 11/29/09 12:17:19

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/08/26/cell-phone-dangers-what-they-don-t-want-you-to-see.aspx

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now