Community: Forum: Suggestions for HappyCow

HappyCow Site Forum

Hi! Okay, so three thoughts, the first two related and the third not. Right now the search engine is centered around restaurants and food stores with a vegetarian/vegan selection.

1.) I was wondering if the types of store should be expanded - for example, local beauty stores that sell vegan/cruelty-free makeup and products, local clothing stores that sell vegan clothing, etc. The only problem I see with that is that most stores buy from tend to buy branded products and not produce them themselves there in the store or something may not be restocked once it's sold out. Our members might have to reach out to the stores ask about vegan products and see if they make a point of keeping a steady supply of vegan products on-hand, but that'd be good because that might encourage stores to offer it!

2.) That got me thinking of how limited local clothing store options can be for shoes - leather sneakers and leather boots are a standard, after all! If we were to introduce other types of stores selling non-food vegan products, it might be helpful to implement non-local, online shopping. For example, I got vegan sneakers at Inkkas.com and I love them to death. I don't think I would've been able to find vegan sneakers at any shops near me, so it might be useful to implement a separate "online" store search (with options on where they ship?) vs. the preexisting "local" store search.

3.) Not vegan-specific and not super important, but it might be neat to have an option when adding/updating a listing for whether a listing is local/small-business/family-owned. It'd just be cool to know if we'd be supporting a small business. :)

Thank you for your time, let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for anything above!

Responses (0)

No response yet.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support