For thousands of years, garlic has been used for its natural antibiotic, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Eating raw garlic rather than supplements, dried or cooked garlic has been shown to be significantly more advantageous for health. According to a recent research study at the University of Connecticut’s School of Medicine, sliced or mashed fresh garlic generates hydrogen sulfide, which can promote blood circulation and protect the heart. Cooked or dried garlic does not have this same effect. When consumed regularly, raw garlic can help ease the painful symptoms associated with swollen arthritic joints due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are some additional health benefits of raw garlic:
(1) Is a powerful immune system enhancer. Try eating a few cloves of raw garlic at the first sign of a cold, or if that doesn’t sound appealing to you, try eating Majestic Garlic’s Garlic Spread. A University of Western Australia Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Science study suggested that garlic might reduce the frequency of symptoms of the common cold.
(2) Helps lower blood pressure.
(3) Garlic is known for its hypertensive, anticoagulant and anti-thrombotic action and its ability to decrease atherosclerosis-related plaguing in your arteries.
(5) Helps to control blood sugar.
(6) Might slow blood clotting, thus reducing the possibility of strokes. reduce platelet clumping and clotting (thus reducing strokes).
(7) Prevents and treats bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
(8) Treats not only internal parasites, but external pests as well. Garlic is a powerful mosquito deterrent and works against fleas.
(9) Can still kill some strains of bacteria that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics.
(11) According to the National Cancer Institute, preliminary studies suggest that garlic consumption may reduce the risk of developing several types of cancer, especially cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
(12) Garlic increases the overall antioxidant levels of the body and is a source of selenium (a powerful anti-cancer medicine).
(13) Suffering from athlete’s foot? Place slices of fresh garlic, or some crushed garlic, between your toes, cover or wrap the area, and leave it there for the day. You can eat raw garlic, or foods containing plenty of raw garlic. Repeat process until the fungus is gone.
(14) Garlic shows miraculous properties in treating heavy metal poisoning such as lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and copper.
(15) Improves cardiovascular health.
(16) Put a thin slice of garlic on a wart, and put a bandage on it. Continue to put garlic on your wart for several nights in a row, until the wart is gone. You should see a reaction within a few days. It may speed the reaction if you lightly file the top of the wart, and within a week, your wart should be gone.
(17) Heals boils and infected sores including cold sores.
One easy way to incorporate raw garlic into your diet is to get the award-winning and highly nutritious garlic paste spreads by Majestic Garlic. Because of the perfect balance of fresh, wholesome, and raw ingredients like lemon juice, flax seed oil, and sea salt, the product doesn’t leave you with a strong garlic aftertaste, and the unique flavor and unprecedented texture of these spreads will leave you craving more. They are the six-time winner of America’s Best Food Award Professional Food Contest. The product is also gluten and dairy free, and each serving contains 100% of the USDA recommended allowance of omega 3s.
Special Offer for HappyCow Readers!
When you click here and order 3 containers of Majestic Garlic’s garlic spreads, hummus spreads, or pickled garlic, you will receive one bonus FREE container. If you cannot wait for the product to be shipped to you, you might be lucky enough to live near a health food store selling their products.
Enjoy!- this article was shared by Majestic Garlic