I am convinced that Mondays are collectively, the most yummy day of the week. Here is a recipe that you should make because watercress is awesome and you and I both know that you don’t eat it often because like me, you get stuck in the produce rut if kale, avocados and more kale.
Pick up some watercress and give this a try. You’ll be happy you did. Simple. Tasty. Different. Make it tonight and tweet here to share all about it!
Pureed Potatoes with Watercress
1 bunch watercress, chopped into thirds
5 red potatoes cut into quarters
1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in 5 cups in water and boil for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add the watercress and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Strain the water from the pot and place the potatoes and watercress into the food processor.
- Add the Earth Balance and the salt and process until smooth and creamy.
- You will have to scrape down the sides and pulse it a few times so that all of the ingredients get incorporated. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve right away.
- Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to process it in two batches.
Molly Patrick has worked in the vegan food realm since 2003. She has done everything from open vegan restaurants from the ground up to write vegan cookbooks. She is currently wrapping her up her second cookbook, due out later this month. Read her blog or sign up for her emails, chalked full of vegan recipes and tips Follow her on twitter Facebook