Osteoporosis is a disease in which bones become fragile and more likely to break. This particular ailment is often undetected and more likely is thought to affect the elderly. In fact, more women and men are affected by osteoporosis than you can imagine.
There is another alternative and one that you can begin to use immediately.
Some basic facts about osteoporosis:
— Any bone can be affected by osteoporosis, but fractures of the hip and spine are of the greatest concern
— a hip fracture almost always requires hospitalization and major surgery and can result in walking with a cane or walker aid afterward
— women are four times more likely than men to develop the disease (but both men and women are affected by the disease)
In my practice I’ve had a number of women and men that requested that we address their low and decreasing bone density. Each client that I’ve worked with specific to this challenge has come away with increased bone density and increased strength.
One of the ways that we work together is by working with the breath. It seems that over 90% of my clients need lessons on how to breath. Most tell me that they even find they forget to breath. Holding your breath is as if you are creating a fire inside your body and when the body has too much fire then the PH level is more acidic. Breath helps the body become more alkaline.
Proper breath, often called prana, and regulated breathing will increase oxygenation to the cells. Oxygenated cells help prevent bone loss. Here’s how to breath properly – connect your tongue to the roof of your mouth, exhale out, hold for a moment, inhale in to the count of 6 beats, hold 3 beats, exhale 6 beats, repeat. Do this 3-4 times a day and you will feel much calmer and more clear. The more prana you have in your body the less reactive you are to stress. The less reactive to stress you are the more your body can be in a more constant state of homeostasis.
Here are some amazingly simple tips to prevent osteoporosis.
* Get supergreens into your diet. The easiest way to do this is to visit the healthfood store and ask for a blend of supergreens. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic and many of these can be expensive. I’ve located one that is economical, tastes good, and in very effective. It has over 25 vegetables and is perfect for people who don’t like vegetables.
* Engage in regular weight-bearing exercise, even small isometric exercise works. If you don’t like exercise then simple stretching for 10 minutes will do wonders.
* Avoid smoking, alcohol, and eating meat products every day.
* Learn to reduce stress and get enough rest.
* Do regular meditation or have a minimum of 15 minutes of quiet reflection or grown-up time out.
* Take a combination of calcium, magnesium, and silica as they promote the most absorbable environment for faster bone density restoration.
* Take a mineral supplement. Most mineral supplements taste disgusting and one that I have sworn by with clients if VitalEarth Minerals. They taste good and are easily digestible.
* Proper hydration is necessary for the body to absorb nutrients and also to eliminate the toxins. Toxins contribute to the bone loss.
* The fewer medications you are on the better your health, but that’s up to you and your physician.
Myth: Drinking more milk equates to the bones absorbing more calcium – it’s a myth.
Most physicians will tell you that there is no cure for low bone density. The combination of use of Energy Healing and the above have proven to my clients an increase in bone density. You can avoid further bone loss just by using the few simple techniques we’ve shared with you. The body is an amazing healing machine and given the proper input, tools and techniques, the body will do the rest.
Note: These statements are not meant as cure nor have they been recommended by physicians. Your health is your responsibility and getting proper help and support will facilitate amazingly positive results.
Sheevaun O’Connor Moran