Serves meat, veg options available. Menu features some vegetarian dishes. Vegans to specify. Price: Moderate more-less
International, Take-out, Non-veg
108 E York St
Savannah, Georgia 31401
912-443-9555

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by erninu
csingle87
csingle87

Great Vegan Falafel Salad

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

As a vegan, I have a tough time traveling. I was pleased to find Zunzi's on my vacation. They were polite and helpful when I asked about vegan options. They then made me a delicious salad with baked falafel balls, sides of hummus, and oil and vinegar dressing. It was delicious :)

Pros: Delicious Food, Live Music/Fun Ambience, Polite/Accomodating Staff
Cons: Needs more Vegan Menu Options
TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Limited Options

1 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Zunzi's is very popular, even with some vegans, but I'm not quite sure why. The menu is limited to start with, and only a few options are vegan. I had the felafel, but the sauce wasn't vegan so they gave me raw tahini instead, which was gross. It may be worth a second try, but if you're looking for a good, quick lunch downtown I'd head over to VegHeads instead.

Pros: Quick, Outdoor seating, Friendly
Cons: LONG lines at lunchtime, Very few options
RaspyRaspy
RaspyRaspy

In my top 3 restaurants in Savannah

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

I eat here so often! The falafel is my favorite, but the vegetable pita wrap is also really really good. You can eat outside (the only kind of seating they have) or take it to go. They are fast, friendly and the prices are very affordable. I really consider this one of the top best restaurants in Savannah!

Also, definitely try their African tea. It's Rooibos tea flavored with coconut and peach and is the most delicious drink you will ever have.

Pros: Excellent food, Generous portions, Friendly staff
Cons: Outdoor only seating

fullyfokusd
fullyfokusd

Not that great

2 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

Read some good reviews but didnt live up to expectations. Prep area was covered with meat and meat products. Server was helpful and seemed confident about what was vegan. I ordered veggie curry with rice, wasnt impressed. Just ok.

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, portion
Cons: Not very veg , Not that tasty, small
erninu
erninu

Worth a Try

3 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2009

I ended up at Zunzi's a couple of years ago with friends one weekend after we changed our minds about another place. When we first walked in, it didn't look very appetizing and was so small that we felt cramped. I was a bit nervous about ordering vegan from them but the guy working there was very friendly and actually pretty fun. A woman came out who I assume was the owner and she was very helpful and willing to make something special. I ended up with a pita stuffed with hummus and falafel and it was pretty good. The seating was outside in a quaint environment and pretty relaxing.

Pros: Friendly and Willing to work with you
Cons: Order area isn't pretty & feels cramped

Dear Owner and Manager of Zunzi's: