Zum Lustigen Baumratterich

Located in the heart of Charlottenburg at Karl-August market place Pestalozzistrasse/Weimarer Strasse. Offers many vegan choices. Uses seasonal ingredients that are locally farmed. Serves coffee, teas, sodas, in addition to desserts, soups, entrees and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, Western, International, Indian, Take-out
Weimarer Strasse 29 (Kantstrasse)
Berlin, Germany 10625
03038108093, 030-31018699

Open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm, closed Sun.

• Reservations required
  • Cash only

First Review by wildfang
Blackmamba
Blackmamba

very tasty

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

Here is a nice and welcoming small café in the heart of charlottenburg. I usually go to the farmers market on wednesdays and have my lunch at the "Baumratterich". The coffee is very good and for lunch you get to pick from a list of fresh made appetizers like paninis and wraps to a (I think daily?) changing main dish.
Usually they have soup which so far has always been vegan and very yummy and other hot meals mostly indian.
I have only had cake there once before because I am usually too full after lunch, but the cakes are housemade and I found my organic "bienenstich" one of the best I have ever eaten before.
The owner is also very nice and always up for a chat.

olli_freesoul
olli_freesoul

fresh place for nice food in charlottenburg

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

Today I ate and spend some time in that lovely small veggie bistro with a name you should ask for again and again, it sounds really funny. I def. liked the food, fresh and prepared with love. The home made cakes and cookies are - I'm not joking ... made by grand Ma herself :-)
The baristo comes from CA USA steamed a perfectly hot slowly roasted bio coffee which was served in a beautiful old cup. I also liked the music and the 'yogic' atmosphere. Next time I maybe want to get a massage, which they offer in two rooms in the back. I think the owners organize the berlin yogafestival which is supposed to be the biggest yoga event in europe

Pros: fresh veggie & vegan food, nice music, yoga shop, grand Ma's cakes
Cons: serve dinner, open omm sundays
wildfang
wildfang

What's a Baumratterich?

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

Oh, this is such a nice place with the funniest name in the whole of Berlin.
The owner is a friendly guy with a sweet accent in German ;-)
When we went there, there was a veggie curry (very tasty) and some soup (can't remember what kind), both vegan, and some little vegan snacks such as the Knusperstangen you get at organic shops around Berlin. There also was vegan cake but I didn't try it. I did try the vegan mango lassi which really tasted of mango and not just sweet like many mango lassis at other places do. Very reasonable prices they had as well. I'm glad there's such a place in Charlottenburg now, too - slowly but steadily things are changing even in this part of Berlin.

Pros: tasty food, friendly people and nice atmosphere, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Zum Lustigen Baumratterich: