CLOSED: Zudaka Restaurant

A vegetarian Latin restaurant where the protein offered is veggie protein based. Small sandwiches, Arepas salads, bowls, yucca, fried plantians, pasta and more. Most items are vegan or can be made vegan with vegan cheese, butter, or soy/rice/almond milk. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, South American, Latin, Take-out
4457 N Broadway St (Violet Ave)
Boulder, Colorado 80304

paprika579
paprika579

Lovely homey place~

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

My family and I have eaten here several times and had great experiences every time. The food is affordable, super yummy, lots of vegan options, and the service is above average. It's a small place but very homey feeling and the owner regularly promotes that feeling and will talk about her heritage and food. Highly recommend, and the homemade chai-like tea is awesome - go try it!

Pros: Yummy, Very friendly, good service, Affordable
Cons: Sometimes desserts are unavailable
lisamoshop
lisamoshop

Delicious Fare that works for GF Vegans

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

I tried Zudaka today for lunch and was very taken by the pleasant demeanor of my hostess, whom I guessed to be one of the owners. She told me that she wanted me to feel at home at Zudaka and that is how I felt! All of the meats are "meatless", and all of the dishes are vegetarian which can be veganized. I ordered the hallaquitas, (Venezuelan tamales) veganized. They were delicious, and came with a freshly made chili sauce that added the perfect touch.

I follow a gluten-free diet, and am amazed that there were so many gluten-free options on the menu. It is difficult for people who avoid wheat/gluten to find vegan food while dining out. This restaurant hits all of the right notes: Great food at a good price, generous portions, friendly atmosphere, and attentive service.

Pros: excellent food, gluten-free, attentive service
Cons: zero, nada, zip
courtneysli
courtneysli

Delicious and Inexpensive!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2011

Very cute atmosphere. I am from out of town, and I found this place listed here on happy cow, so I decided to try it. It was nice to talk to the owner, very friendly. The food was very good and resonably priced. I am very happy with my experience there. Good Vegan Options!

Pros: atmosphere, price, vegan
Cons: a little out of the way, portions are a little small.

StephanieLauffer
StephanieLauffer

Absolutely Wonderful!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

We had to keep our eyes open to find it, but this little family run restaurant is absolutely worth the effort! Small & cozy, with oh-so-tasty Venezuelan & Columbian fare this place is truely a treasure! It is exactly this kinda of restaurant that make a community.

While the husband cooked, the wife filled us in on all the delicious items on the menu. She let us know what was traditional, what she grew up eating, & what her favorite things were. We picked several things to share (from appetizers to dessert) & everything was fantastic. If I had to recommend something I woud be hard-pressed to choose, but the tamales were incredible! If you're a local, Zudaka will become a favorite place. If you're just passing through - don't pass it up!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff & atmosphere, healthy cuisine
JanAllmond
JanAllmond
  • non-vegetarian

Wonderful Food

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

I found this restaurant to be very unique in menu and atmosphere. The location isn't easy to find, but well worth the effort. The food is very tasty. The co-owner served us and was very helpful in assisting us with the menu. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and look forward to returning soon.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, freshly prepared
Munchi-chi
Munchi-chi

Home cooked Latin food

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2011

The owner Cristina is from Columbia and says she and her husband wanted to open a restaurant offering food they make at home, but they can't find anywhere else when they go out to eat. Home cooked vegetarian latin food! The flavors are outstanding. The sauces I tried with the yucca fries all were unique and delicious. Prices are extremely reasonable. Items on menu are denoted which are vegan, but just let them know you are vegan and you will be well taken care of. The rice pudding is now vegan too.

Pros: everything

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Zudaka Restaurant: