Zucchini Vegetarian Cafe

Casual veggie cafe. Vegan dishes available upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western

NadiaQop
NadiaQop

missed out

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

Unfortunately this place was closed for 3 weeks over the Christmas holidays, during our stay. Make sure to check its open and call ahead to make reservation.

Elceha
Elceha

Good deal on the meal of the day

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The meal of the day was a really good deal: roughly 10 € for a very full plate and a big bowl of soup. Staff was helpful with explaining and veganizing the meal. The rest of the menu was only in Finnish and since the place was busy we didn't bother to ask about other menu items. The food was tasty and they had free water (self service) in carafes with berry leaves inside.

Pros: Big portions, Helpful staff, Free water
Cons: Menu only in Finnish
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Comfort food

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

If I lived in Helsinki, I would be tempted to eat here every day. Comfortable cafeteria-style restaurant with a meal-of-the-day, soup, desserts, coffee, wine, etc. I paid €10 for a plate with ratatouille, quinoa, green beans and salad. Tasty and satisfying. The green beans were overdone, but that happens in restaurants with food made in advance. My second visit, the plate was a big bean-corn patty with avocado ‘cream’ sauce, sautéed red pepper and onion, salad, yellow rice with black olives and spelt bread (all vegan). My impression was that the daily meal is always vegan or veganizable.
Open at 11:00 a.m. Closed in July.

Pros: tasty food

haneul
haneul

My first choice for lunch in Helsinki

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Too bad this is kinda far away from my work! Great food and friendly staff. Vegan option available every day, just ask for a vegan version even if it wouldn't be mentioned on the menu.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Large portions
Cons: Open only during lunch, Popular, sometimes quite full
AlyssaVegan
AlyssaVegan

Just wonderful

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

I came to this resturant on my first day in Helsinki and absolutely loved it! You got a big serve of delicious food (in my case I chose the vegan option) for a very reasonable price. I was served by a lovely helpful man.
Great atmosphere, quite busy but that is no problem.
For desert I got a blueberry cake which was just yum! Defiantly recommend :)

Pros: Good portion, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff
dagny70
dagny70

Delicious food!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

We had been walking around Helsinki all morning in the rain, so were tired, cold, wet & hungry! Came into Zucchini, and helpful staff explained (in English) how their lunch/price system worked. We had the dish of the day for 9.50 euro, which consisted of caribbean curry, sweet potato mash, broad beans, salad, bread & water. It was delicious, warm & filling, and I really regretted not splurging the extra 2 euro for the nettle soup! Would definitely go here again, only wish they were open in the evenings as we struggled for dinner!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly, Good value
Cons: Opening times
Puma_concolor
Puma_concolor

Verry good!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2012

I read about it in my Finland guide. It is in the center of Helsinki and easy to find. The food was very good (we took the lunch menu) and a big portion. I was so happy to find a good restaurant in meat eating Finland. The atmosphere was relaxed and even though it was busy it was not noisy. The staff was friendly. I liked it very much!

Pros: tasty food, city center, good value
Cons: Busy
halla_w
halla_w

Amazing

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

The best veg restaurant in Helsinki. Great staff, great food. Try it.

Pros: Big portions, Nice staff, Good location
Cons: Often very full of people
Moix
Moix

Lovely whole food lunch

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2011

I was absolutely satisfied with this place. It seemed to be a set menu on the day, served from the desk. Comfy inside & not too crowded when I got there. A large serving with bread for about 10 euro. I wish I made it back there!

Pros: Great value, Delicious, Friendly
ulpu
ulpu

Best vegetarian lunch in town

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

This is the only vegetarian restaurant I would warmly recommend in Helsinki. The food is good and beautifully served. Vegan option is available for request. The portions are big enough, the price meets the quality. The stuff is friendly and helpful despite the crowd and hassle and the atmosphere is cosy. I wish they would be open at weekends too.

Pros: Vegan option always available, Price, Service
Cons: Only lunch, Crowded
shapesh1ft
shapesh1ft

Great home style veggie food

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2010

I have have eaten here one time and the beetroot loaf was just delicious. It's not a buffet, so the food is being served at the desk and you have to ask for vegan option (under the desk). It's only open lunch hours and very crowded. I felt the warm foods are better here than in Silvoplee that concentrates in raw foods.

Pros: Taste
Cons: Crowded, Opening hours
sarahwade
sarahwade

Lovely little place not to be missed

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

We went to Zucchini for lunch twice whilst we were in Helsinki and loved it. The staff were helpful and fully understand what vegan means! We had their lunch special on both days which could be made vegan. The first day was a french style cassoulet served with barley (or millet for gluten free) and salad. You help yourself to bread and they have gluten free bread(more like a cracker!) too. It was quite reasonable (for Helsinki) at 9.5 euros. Portions are huge.
The second visit - the lunch was jacket spud with a lovely tomato/bean casserole and salad. We indulged on their vegan dessert too which was served with soy cream.

Loving it!

Pros: huge portions, reasonably priced, helpful and friendly staff
happyCoco
happyCoco

Lunch restaurant

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2009

The place is only open at lunch time Mon-Fri 11-15. Around 12 the place is usually quite crowded, but if you feel comfortable asking people if you can join their table, there will be space for you.

Service is always nice. Both soup and warm lunch is available every day. Warm lunch contains small green salad, warm vegetables/beans and main item on one plate. Bread is home made and there is usually multiple option available. Sometimes home-made vegetable stuff for bread is served too.

Do try the cheese cake, thought I'm not sure if it's vegan (I've confirmed that it's made with agar, not gelatin). It's excellent!

Guest
Guest

Excellent service

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2007

During my 3 weeks stay in Helsinki,I was visiting this restaurant everyday. The staff were friendly and hospitable. The Menus were mostly good and the portions were also generous. They really knew the concept of Vegetarianism. Its a lacto-vegetarian restaurant and they cook organic as much as possible.
I will go back again. The only disadvantage is that they closed on weekends. Its a typical lunch restaurant catering to the workforce.
I would recommend it.

Stevie
Stevie

Zucchini, Helsinki

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2006

I've eaten here on a few visits to Helsinki and enjoyed it every time. It's located fairly centrally at maybe a 20 min walk from the main train station. The biggest draw back about this place is the restricted opening hours.

Pros: Nice food
Cons: Limited opening hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Zucchini Vegetarian Cafe: