Serves meat, veg options available. National brick-oven pizza chain offering vegan daiya cheese, vegan sausage and veggie meat crumbles. Vegan, gluten-free crust also available. Delivery available 7 days a week from 11am-2:30 and 5pm-close. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by veganamanda
AnnetteDawson-Miller
AnnetteDawson-Miller

Yummy Vegan Pizza And Classic Rock

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

Great, thin crust pizza served up with a slice of classic rock!

Pros: Great Pizza.
Cons: Bathroom Was Out Of Order.
teafour2
teafour2

A good late night option

3 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

We went here after going to SF MOMA, it was a sunday evening and we wanted something easy and close (that also had vegan options). It was a tiny bit tricky to find as the address is a public car park entrace but you should see a zpizza sign telling you to walk a few steps further. It's a small place with about 20 seats, the vegan options are really clearly marked on the menu and the server we had was very enthusiastic. To keep it simple we had the Berkley Vegan pizza, tomatoes, lots of veg, with fake cheese and vegan 'meat' crumbles. It was very nice - not the best vegan pizza (that belongs to Iain's in Chicago) but very decent. Tasted good and a good price.

Pros: vegan pizza as a 'standard' on the menu , other vegan options, good price
purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater

Delicious and wonderful

4 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

When I first started eating here, I hadn't been diagnosed with celiac disease. I loved their classic and whole wheat crusts because they're not greasy and are chewy but not painfully chewy. The tomato and marinara sauces are also delicious, and I'm a fan of the daiya cheese. (Some locations are a little heavier than others, but I prefer light cheese. SF gets it perfect.) The veggie burger crumbles are Gardein, and pretty tasty, too (try a veganized ZBQ with crumbles instead of meat!).

So then I was diagnosed with celiac disease, and I was very sad. But it turns out they've got a GF pizza crust that's also vegan (thank goodness!) and it's actually pretty good. It's definitely refined starches and not a lot of nutritional value, but just load up on the veggies, and you'll be fine. ;)

The management is wonderful, and the employees I've talked to are always kind and fun. They're quick at righting errors and have been amazing with our picky family and finicky pizza choices.

The ZBQ is one of our favorites, although without gluten that means no burger crumbles, but mushrooms are a pretty good substitutes. They've got a huge selection of toppings, and sauces too. The salads are fresh and amazing. They get fresh produce delivered 6 days a week!

I'm a super sensitive celiac and can't even go inside many bakeries or pizza places with airborne flour, but Zpizza has NEVER made me sick from gluten. They've made my GF transition less painful, and actually kind of fun. We order weekly and it's one of the highlights of our week.

Pros: big selection of veggie toppings, Daiya cheese, Super safe for celiacs
Cons: Only open till 9pm

veganamanda
veganamanda

Nice staff

2 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I came in to try the vegan pizza. They don't sell it by the slice, so you have to buy a whole pizza, which is kind of a bummer when you are eating alone, but it wasn't too expensive. The staff was really helpful and nice and gave me suggestions for next time to make another pizza vegan. The pizza itself was blah, Daiya cheese with some not so great fake chicken. I don't think the food is worth going back for, but it wasn't the worst I've ever had either.

Pros: nice staff
Cons: have to buy whole pizza, non-creative

Dear Owner and Manager of zpizza: