Serves meat, veg options available. Franchise pizzeria offering organic crust and sauce and has Daiya vegan cheese, vegetable toppings, vegan meat crumbles. Has gluten-free and whole wheat crusts. A berkeley vegan pizza on menu (Daiya cheese, soy sausage crumbles, veggies); also a vegetarian calzone that could be made vegan by substituting Daiya cheese. Open daily. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by TB
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

accommodating, tasty

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Perhaps not THE best pizza but I like how open they are about accommodating veggie eaters. The staff was friendly and after I ordered the Berkeley Vegan, they told me they could also switch the other pizzas to vegify :)
The pizza itself was good, I was glad to see veggie crumbles and cheese on any menu, but personally I'm not the biggest fan of Daiya. I find it a little too gummy.
Still, I didn't want to make anything, and stopping here to get a vegan pizza in 10-15 minutes from nice people is already awesome in my book.
Will come back to take them up on the vegification of another pizza one day. :)

Pros: friendly staff, vegan options/altering, quick
giegie
giegie

Good In A Pinch

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

Not a lot of variety for vegans unless you do a lot of modifying but good for lazy nights when you don't feel like cooking or going anywhere.

Pros: Delivery, Fresh
debbykasson
debbykasson

fabulous!

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

Probably the best pizza I've had - everrrr! Started with the mixed mushroom and substituted the cheeze for vegan, added spinach and avocado and total yum! Loved the ability to order online and see all the choices.

I made a mistake on one of the pizzas that I didn't notice until I got the email confirm - pepperoni instead of pepperocinis!! Called them right away and they easily fixed it up for me - yey, I'm a fan!

Pros: lots of vegan options, order online for delivery or pick-up, delivery

TB
TB

Vegan Pizzas and Calzones

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

Z Pizza is a small pizza chain that has long offered many vegetarian options, but a few years ago they began offering vegan cheese (Daiya brand). I am so grateful to have a local vegan pizza option! You build your own pizza with whatever you want, but I love the standard "Berkeley Vegan" pizza on their menu (but note that the pesto sauce is not vegan, so vegans order it with the marinara sauce option). Their calzones are great too (just ask for the veggie calzone with Daiya cheese if you're vegan) and they come with a decent side salad. The 2nd street location, in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach, has a limited amount of seating (inside and out), but if you have the time, it's nice to get your pizza to go and walk a few blocks to the beach to enjoy it there :) Z Pizza also does take-out and delivery, and on Tuesdays their pizzas are half price.

Pros: vegan pizza, vegan calzones, delivery

Dear Owner and Manager of zpizza: